Toon App: Water

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Toon App: Water

Post by oepi-loepi »

Edgar wrote:The Wemos and the sensor I received finally. I have set up the Wemos and tomorrow it's time to mount the sensor on it. With the Wemos there are some accessories with pins added. Which one I can use the best? I understand I need to solder the pin thing on the Wemos. How do you protect the Wemos, with a case or something? My water meter is an Actaris TD8, any tips how to position it right? Unfortunately I don't have an 3D printer :mrgreen:
You only have to solder one side of the wemos since 5v g and d2 are on one side. male or female pins doesn’t matter. If you have not soldered before, search youtube how to solder pins to a Wemos. You can protect the Wemos with any case you like. Mounting the sensor to the meter needs a bit of improvising, examples are on the internet when you google for water meter sensor and then select the images tab.
Vriesfde
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Vriesfde »

Hi Oepi-loepi, are you using sonoff modules instead of the Wemos D1? (as seen on your marktplaats ad)
If so, could you indicate how you connected the sensor to the sonoff?

Cheers, Frans
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

They are not standard Sonoff. They have been modded in the low voltage and in the 230VAC outlet. I do not want people to do that themselves because they really get hurt or blow up computers if they solder the wrong wires together and flashing. It is best to use the wemos at 5vdc or buy the tested, complete devices at marktplaats. I now have them in stock and they are safe to use.
Vriesfde
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Vriesfde »

I don’t have standard Sonoffs anymore, not so keen on using a chinese cloud service. Flashed them with Tasmota.
Have some sort of clue what I am doing, have a degree (HTS elektro)
Understand you are not keen to promote people to use the sonoffs, it will probably be a shocking experience for many :D

Ciao, Frans
memo1996
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by memo1996 »

Werkt perfect!
Dankjewel Rob!
arnoakavdb
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by arnoakavdb »

Hi, i have already a wemos flashed with espeasy and the sensor connected on the pin 5 (i use it with jeedom),Can i do something to use it with your app or must i absolutely flash your bin file and conect the data cable to the pin 2??thanks in advance
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

arnoakavdb wrote:Hi, i have already a wemos flashed with espeasy and the sensor connected on the pin 5 (i use it with jeedom),Can i do something to use it with your app or must i absolutely flash your bin file and conect the data cable to the pin 2??thanks in advance
Yes, you must flash with my bin file. You can use pin5 and the change the pin number in the setup menu.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Ik heb ze weer.

Nu ook complete en kant-en klare setjes te koop voor iedereen die wat minder bedreven is in solderen maar toch de toonWater app wil gebruiken:
https://link.marktplaats.nl/m1678038347
Edwin66

Post by Edwin66 »

oepi-loepi wrote:Measure your water usage with a cheap proximity sensor and a Wemos D1 mini.

If you are not able to build the device yourself, please send me a pm or email. I can deliver complete sets.
https://link.marktplaats.nl/m1678038347
Nice to see that we can just order from you, instead of trying to build it our self. When I've gotten my 'holiday' money in May, I might order one from you. :)
Toon® (rooted) | Hue bulbs | TRÅDFRI bulbs | Smart Plug | Domoticz latest BETA |

I'm not a programmer, just wish things work MY way
nick1984
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by nick1984 »

Is it possible to connect ToonWater to a Youless device with a aquameter?
https://community.athom.com/t/tuturial- ... r-s0/24810

I use it now with my Homey. But it would be nice the get a overview on the Toon!

Kind Regards,

Nick
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

I is also nice to build things yourself but everyone has the equipment or time.

At this very moment i do not have stock anymore but there are materials on their way. So you can make reservations if you like. ( then i can also reorder if needed more)
speedy_c_
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by speedy_c_ »

I succesfully installed the sensor and the Wemos (v 1.1.9) and the data is available in the app on the Toon and in Home assistant.

I als created virtual sensors in domoticz, but they are not updated? Are there more instructions available on the setup for domoticz?
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

speedy_c_ wrote:I succesfully installed the sensor and the Wemos (v 1.1.9) and the data is available in the app on the Toon and in Home assistant.

I als created virtual sensors in domoticz, but they are not updated? Are there more instructions available on the setup for domoticz?
Yes, you have to go to http://esp-toonwater.local And set your domoticz credentials and your idx s there and then save.
If http://esp-toonwater.local does give an error goto the ip of the esp module.

If you have set Domotic to trus all internal netwerk (without password) please leave the username and password in the ESP side empty.
nick1984
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by nick1984 »

nick1984 wrote:Is it possible to connect ToonWater to a Youless device with a aquameter?
https://community.athom.com/t/tuturial- ... r-s0/24810

I use it now with my Homey. But it would be nice the get a overview on the Toon!

Kind Regards,

Nick
Correct me when I’m wrong.
But when I connect my 2 wires to Wemos D2 and ground.
It works also?
The Itron Cyble Sensor has it own power supply.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

if you connect pin D2 (or the other) to GND on the Wemos it will work indeed. If i am correct the contact act like a dry contact so you can use that sensor.

Return to “Toon Apps”