Toon App: Water

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TerrorSource, Toonz, TheHogNL

Re: Toon App: Water

Postby oepi-loepi » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:01 pm

rolinck wrote:Happily using the water app for a couple of days now. But I’m having some issues with false readings. I assume when the npn sensor is closing / stops near it triggering point it is producing some false pulses.

My question is. Is it possible to implement a delay (debounce time) after a pulse? For my scenario a 1 or 2 second delay would be fine. But maybe is is nicer to have this adjustable.


In the newest version it is already capped on 500ms. So every reding higher than 120 l/s is considered false. In the next version i will make the 500ms adjustable.
oepi-loepi
Member
Member
 
Posts: 271
Joined: February 2019

Re: Toon App: Water

Postby rleunk » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:03 pm

oepi-loepi wrote:
Tebogo wrote:

3 things I found on Toon.
1: ToonWater gives a negative value for the cost. As if I deliverd water :lol:
2: Where do I set the price of a m^3 water?
3: Possible to give watermeter when you click on Meterstand in the Graph?

Thanks!


1. Yes, people deliver water. However, to be honest: yellow water is not water.. do not drink. Please theck the cost values in 2.
2. Price is set in /mnt/data/qmf/config/config_happ_pwrusage.xml, look for water / billinginfo
3. The grap is standard toon so this is not possible. You can set the reading in the setup menu. The value will be send to Wemos and saved into wemos.


I also see a negative value for the costs, at this moment my Toon says "Water vandaag € -1,40" the graphic "Water in dagen" gives positve values for the last days, the graphic bar for today is also a positve value. On a second test Toon the value for "Water vandaag" is € 0,00 the graphics for the last days are the same a for my 1st Toon.

The setting for both Toons in /mnt/data/qmf/config/config_happ_pwrusage.xml are the same.
rleunk
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: April 2012

Re: Toon App: Water

Postby rolinck » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:12 pm

oepi-loepi wrote:
rolinck wrote:Happily using the water app for a couple of days now. But I’m having some issues with false readings. I assume when the npn sensor is closing / stops near it triggering point it is producing some false pulses.

My question is. Is it possible to implement a delay (debounce time) after a pulse? For my scenario a 1 or 2 second delay would be fine. But maybe is is nicer to have this adjustable.


In the newest version it is already capped on 500ms. So every reding higher than 120 l/s is considered false. In the next version i will make the 500ms adjustable.


Super! That would be great :-)
rolinck
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: March 2019

Re: Toon App: Water

Postby oepi-loepi » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:59 pm

rleunk wrote:
I also see a negative value for the costs, at this moment my Toon says "Water vandaag € -1,40" the graphic "Water in dagen" gives positve values for the last days, the graphic bar for today is also a positve value. On a second test Toon the value for "Water vandaag" is € 0,00 the graphics for the last days are the same a for my 1st Toon.

The setting for both Toons in /mnt/data/qmf/config/config_happ_pwrusage.xml are the same.


Strange...
oepi-loepi
Member
Member
 
Posts: 271
Joined: February 2019

Re: Toon App: Water

Postby Jasper » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:30 am

Dacht dat ik een paar pagina's terug mijn versie gepost had en daar bij huidige stand float /1000 moest doen om kuub te krijgen ipv liter?
Jasper
Member
Member
 
Posts: 72
Joined: June 2019

Re: Toon App: Water

Postby rolinck » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:45 am

For home assistant implementation the script below can be used to get both waterflow and waterquantity in one rest call

sensor:
- platform: rest
name: watermeter
json_attributes:
- waterflow
- waterquantity
resource: http://<ip-watermeter>/water.html

- platform: template
sensors:
watermeter_flow:
friendly_name: "Huidige waterflow"
value_template: '{{ states.sensor.Watermeter.attributes["waterflow"] }}'
unit_of_measurement: "l/m"
icon_template: "mdi:water-pump"
watermeter_quantity:
friendly_name: "Huidige watermeterstand"
value_template: '{{ states.sensor.Watermeter.attributes["waterquantity"] }}'
unit_of_measurement: "l"
icon_template: "mdi:water"
Last edited by rolinck on Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rolinck
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: March 2019

Re: Toon App: Water

Postby oepi-loepi » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:27 pm

Jasper wrote:Dacht dat ik een paar pagina's terug mijn versie gepost had en daar bij huidige stand float /1000 moest doen om kuub te krijgen ipv liter?


ja dat klopt:

https://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic. ... =60#p97188
oepi-loepi
Member
Member
 
Posts: 271
Joined: February 2019

Re: Toon App: Water

Postby oepi-loepi » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:12 pm

rolinck wrote:Happily using the water app for a couple of days now. But I’m having some issues with false readings. I assume when the npn sensor is closing / stops near it triggering point it is producing some false pulses.

My question is. Is it possible to implement a delay (debounce time) after a pulse? For my scenario a 1 or 2 second delay would be fine. But maybe is is nicer to have this adjustable.



See version 1.1.7:

github.com/oepi-loepi/water_ESP_part/re ... 1_mini.bin

version 1.1.7:
- debounce timer added (variable between 500 ms and 2000 ms). When pulses are received wwith an interval shorter than the debounce time, the pulses are rejected. This to prevent false readings when the pulse divice is just near its triggering point..
oepi-loepi
Member
Member
 
Posts: 271
Joined: February 2019

Re: Toon App: Water

Postby rolinck » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:36 pm

oepi-loepi wrote:
rolinck wrote:Happily using the water app for a couple of days now. But I’m having some issues with false readings. I assume when the npn sensor is closing / stops near it triggering point it is producing some false pulses.

My question is. Is it possible to implement a delay (debounce time) after a pulse? For my scenario a 1 or 2 second delay would be fine. But maybe is is nicer to have this adjustable.



See version 1.1.7:

github.com/oepi-loepi/water_ESP_part/re ... 1_mini.bin

version 1.1.7:
- debounce timer added (variable between 500 ms and 2000 ms). When pulses are received wwith an interval shorter than the debounce time, the pulses are rejected. This to prevent false readings when the pulse divice is just near its triggering point..


Excellent! I will install this version and post my findings.
rolinck
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: March 2019

Re: Toon App: Water

Postby Jasper » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:26 pm

If I remember correctly my water meter says max flow 2.5m³/H so 42 rotations a minute.

Meaning if I did my math homework max 1.5 seconds per rotation.

Problem then will be that the metal part is 1/3 coverage.

So I think that your 500ms is a good value and 2000ms can skip a reading in theory.

So far most I've seen is 9L a minute.
Jasper
Member
Member
 
Posts: 72
Joined: June 2019

Re: Toon App: Water

Postby oepi-loepi » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:34 pm

Jasper wrote:Meaning if I did my math homework max 1.5 seconds per rotation.

So far most I've seen is 9L a minute.


Meaning if I did my math homework max 1.5 seconds per rotation.

No, it is MIN 1,5 seconds per rotation (not max).

That is the max of the meter and not of your waterpipes, filters, cranes etc. and is also not the max of what you can get from your supply.

I have made the setting variable from the setup menu so you can play with the value between 500 -2000.
oepi-loepi
Member
Member
 
Posts: 271
Joined: February 2019

Re: Toon App: Water

Postby oepi-loepi » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:37 pm

@rleunk @tebogo

The new version has a custom tile for ThisDayWaterEURO (water in euros vandaag). (available from 1.1.5)
oepi-loepi
Member
Member
 
Posts: 271
Joined: February 2019

Re: Toon App: Water

Postby rleunk » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:08 am

oepi-loepi wrote:@rleunk @tebogo

The new version has a custom tile for ThisDayWaterEURO (water in euros vandaag). (available from 1.1.5)


Thnx oepi-loepi, I will test it if it's available!
rleunk
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: April 2012

Re: Toon App: Water

Postby Jasper » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:24 am

Beter niet vertalen dan, ik bedoel dat de watermeter er minimaal 1.5 seconden over doet om een rondje te draaien.
Jasper
Member
Member
 
Posts: 72
Joined: June 2019

Re: Toon App: Water

Postby Tebogo » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:28 am

oepi-loepi wrote:@rleunk @tebogo

The new version has a custom tile for ThisDayWaterEURO (water in euros vandaag). (available from 1.1.5)



Thanks, will test and report results here.
Tebogo
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 28
Joined: January 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Toon Apps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Snellie1972 and 1 guest