Toon App: Water

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Madoow
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Toon App: Water

Post by Madoow »

Jasper wrote:You are probably to far on the center and should put it more off center to try.
It did not detect anything when going a bit more off center. So i grinded a bit op the tip, a bit to much. I destroyed the sensor haha.
I still had a optical sensor from the Toon, so tried that, looks like it is working, will keep an eye on it, still looks like it is counting a bit too much, but i will wait to see what happens in 24 hours.
Centering the optical sensor was a pain in the ***....
I have enabled the option to split the pulses for a optical sensor.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Madoow wrote:Installed my sensor today, anyone else having the same issue that even when not using water, and the sensor is not registering anything (no red led burning) sometimes it says 1 l/m or 2 l/m? Also looks like its counting the liters way to fast.
Lets say on 10 liters it counts 11-12 liters..
When not using water for like 15 minutes, it counts like 3-5 liters..
That is when the esp is seeing pulses which are very short. Are all connections to the sensor ok including the soldering pints of D2 on the Wemos? Did you set the damping vanue in the setup of the Wemos to max value (2000) ? Dit you fix the sensor to the meter in a rigid way? What if you put the sensor more off center?

Too many pulses is mainly not a defective sensor but one of the above..
Madoow
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Madoow »

oepi-loepi wrote:
Madoow wrote:Installed my sensor today, anyone else having the same issue that even when not using water, and the sensor is not registering anything (no red led burning) sometimes it says 1 l/m or 2 l/m? Also looks like its counting the liters way to fast.
Lets say on 10 liters it counts 11-12 liters..
When not using water for like 15 minutes, it counts like 3-5 liters..
That is when the esp is seeing pulses which are very short. Are all connections to the sensor ok including the soldering pints of D2 on the Wemos? Did you set the damping vanue in the setup of the Wemos to max value (2000) ? Dit you fix the sensor to the meter in a rigid way? What if you put the sensor more off center?

Too many pulses is mainly not a defective sensor but one of the above..
I did not change the damping value. I broke the sensor while grinding of the tip, it does not register anything now. The connections are soldered well. I am using now the optical toon sensor. But it also seems to register to mutch, on 70 liters about 15-20 liters too much. Is there a way to change this?
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

What water meter do you have? Elster, Itron? Try setting your damping value to 2000.
Madoow
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Madoow »

oepi-loepi wrote:What water meter do you have? Elster, Itron? Try setting your damping value to 2000.
I have the Itron Aquadis+. I will try setting it to 2000. Will making steps between 500 and 2000 make any difference?
Madoow
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Madoow »

oepi-loepi wrote:What water meter do you have? Elster, Itron? Try setting your damping value to 2000.
Tried it with damping 2000. Water usage on the Toon: 34 liter, waterusage on meter: 21 liter..
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Madoow wrote:
Tried it with damping 2000. Water usage on the Toon: 34 liter, waterusage on meter: 21 liter..
Looks like a very unstable sensor or connection.
Madoow
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Madoow »

oepi-loepi wrote:
Madoow wrote:
Looks like a very unstable sensor or connection.
The weird thing is , when i do not use water, so at night, it does not count any liters. It just goes wrong when i starts counting.
What could i check?
Bruce the boss

Post by Bruce the boss »

Sorry voor de "dummy" vraag maar ik kom er gewoon niet uit.
Ik heb de module op de stroom aangesloten en ik heb via de laptop contact gemaakt met "autoconnetAP".
Ik ga dan naar cofigure wifi en kies mijn netwerk en desbetreffend wachtwoord.

Maar wat moet ik dan doen?

https://imgur.com/0XIzyBk

Wat zet ik bij de 3 onderste opties neer?
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Bruce the boss wrote:Sorry voor de "dummy" vraag maar ik kom er gewoon niet uit.
Ik heb de module op de stroom aangesloten en ik heb via de laptop contact gemaakt met "autoconnetAP".
Ik ga dan naar cofigure wifi en kies mijn netwerk en desbetreffend wachtwoord.

Maar wat moet ik dan doen?

https://imgur.com/0XIzyBk

Wat zet ik bij de 3 onderste opties neer?
Je moet iets weten van je eigen netwerk, in welke range je eigen netwerk zit om alle apparaten met elkaar te verbinden. Het gemakkelijkst is je PC of laptop te pakken en dan op start te klikken en vervolgens cmd. Er opent een zart dos schermpje. Type daar in "ipconfig" (zonder de haakjes) gevolgd door enter. Kijk achter ip4 wat je ip adres van de pc is en wat de gateway is. Stel je leest dat de ip4 adres 192.168.0.43 (dus derde cijfer een 0) is en de gateway 192.168.0.1 vul dan in de vakjes in:

192.168.0.137 (dus met een 0 ipv 10)

In de toon geef je dan in de instellingen 192.168.0.137 als apparaatje waarmee de toon moet verbinden.
Bruce the boss

Post by Bruce the boss »

Where can I activate the option to show also the water because I don't see it?

https://imgur.com/vW1bskl
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Bruce the boss wrote:Where can I activate the option to show also the water because I don't see it?

First update your toon (instellingen, tsc, check for updates). After update you will find extra water tiles to select from. In the water section you can select the last 3 tiles.
Bruce the boss

Post by Bruce the boss »

oepi-loepi wrote:
Bruce the boss wrote:Where can I activate the option to show also the water because I don't see it?

First update your toon (instellingen, tsc, check for updates). After update you will find extra water tiles to select from. In the water section you can select the last 3 tiles.
Yes now it's working. I thought you should be notified automaticly for an update.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Bruce the boss wrote:
oepi-loepi wrote:

Yes now it's working. I thought you should be notified automaticly for an update.
Yes, you are for major updates. However this was a sub-update just to make the water tiles visible..
Edgar
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Edgar »

The Wemos and the sensor I received finally. I have set up the Wemos and tomorrow it's time to mount the sensor on it. With the Wemos there are some accessories with pins added. Which one I can use the best? I understand I need to solder the pin thing on the Wemos. How do you protect the Wemos, with a case or something? My water meter is an Actaris TD8, any tips how to position it right? Unfortunately I don't have an 3D printer :mrgreen:

Return to “Toon Apps”