OTGW system error

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

hvxl

Re: OTGW system error

Post by hvxl »

Yes they are. That's why I mentioned them in this topic.

A WDT reset, like any other reset, always causes the processor to restart. Debug firmware 5.3.1 (which is what I think you are using) always resumes normal operation after a WDT reset, while the regular firmware would go into fail safe mode. The latest firmware selects what to do based on the presence or absence of a thermostat. You are not using a thermostat, so firmware 5.4 and 6.1 will resume normal operation, just like 5.3.1.
Schelte
AndrewFG
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by AndrewFG »

Cool. Many thanks for your kind support. Much appreciated.
AndrewFG
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by AndrewFG »

Just to report that I have been running v5.4 for a few weeks, and all seems to be Ok. In conclusion it looks like I probably had a flaky CPU chip, and the combination of replacing it with a new chip, plus running v5.4 on it, has resolved my issue.
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

Great that it's working fine now. While it is very unusual for a PIC to develop a fault like that, there wasn't much else that could explain the symptoms you saw. Unless you are right that your boiler causes interference and you don't see it now because the boiler doesn't need to heat the house at this time of year. So, I suggest to keep an eye on it when it starts to get colder again in the autumn.
Schelte
AndrewFG
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by AndrewFG »

> keep an eye on it when it starts to get colder again in the autumn

Good idea. Will do.

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”