switching extra pump

If you don't know where to post, post here.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

ikookmaar
Starting Member
Starting Member

switching extra pump

Post by ikookmaar »

Hi,

In my previous house I have used a rooted Toon I to control a pellet stove-cv with a built in pump.
Besides I had Domoticz read the status of the Toon (telling the stove to go on or not) and the temperature of the 200 liter buffer (whether it has warmed up enough to be effective) to decide and switch on an extra pump in between the buffer and the cv-circuit with the radiators.
This worked quite succesfully... most of the time...
See for the full scheme (which includes a solar system) and details https://peter.pgit.nl/wonen/een-duurzaa ... gssysteem/
Now I moved to a new house and we're just finishing the installation of a new, more or less comparable heating setup, that incorperates (besides more solar collectors) a single 500 liter hygienic boiler / buffer and a much larger pellet-boiler system, also with a built-in pump to control the heating up the buffer.
Now I'd like to use a rooted Toon II, which I allready bought, to control the pellet-boiler system but would also like to have it control the extra pump in between the hygienic boiler / buffer and the cv-circuit using the same "logic", instead of using Domoticz for this. I'd prefer to use Domoticz to monitor the system only to reduce the number of points of failure.
Is this in anyway possible and if so how?
If not, (how) can I reach the same result using a pump-switch for floor heating systems?
The guy who installed and sold me the pellet-stove want's to sell me a Honeywell Thermostat that has a built-in relais to switch a 230v device now, but I'd much rather use the Toon II because I know I can read it' s values into Domoticz and controll it remotely.

Thanks in advance for any advice...
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: switching extra pump

Post by oepi-loepi »

You can test the app if you like, please send me a pm and i will tell how to get the app i made. It hase been made to switch a floor heating pump so it switches on when the boiler is heating and switches of when it is not heating (with a delay).

Eache day the pump will run for some time if thre was no heating that dat to prevent the pump to “stick”
ikookmaar
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ikookmaar »

The solarstation and the pelletburner are installed and connected to the boiler now.
Stil waiting for some materials to finish building the chimney and for a wifi-kit to monitor and control the pelletburner., though.
We decided to let the pelletburner (during the winter season) and the solar controller (throughout the year) keep the (hygienic)boiler to a temperature in between 45 and 70 degrees. They have their own temperature sensors conected to the boiler, so I won't be needing the Toon 2 for that.
I would still like the Toon 2 to function as a room-thermostat and let it control the pump in between the boiler and the central heating system/radiators, though.
Could I still use the Toon and your app for that, Oepi-loepi?
I understood the "kettle module" of the Toon 2 can switch 24 - 240V on conectors 2 and/or 3, is that correct?
So can I just connect the pump to connector 3 and switch and feed it 230V straight from connector 3, or do I need to buy and connect a 24V - 230V relay?
If the latter, which one? Will it get the 24V from the connector, or will it need it's own power adapter?
Thanks for any advise!
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

The pump app i wrote switches a pump like a pump for floor heating:

Switches on when the thermostat switches to heating or pre-heating mode
Switches of after a set delay after the thermostat switches to heating off

Switches on after not running for a set time to prevent sticking
Switches off after a set time when it was startet because of above reason

It will switch a selected zwave plug or a wifi plug (tasmota).

I do not know if you can use this.. that is up to you.
ikookmaar
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ikookmaar »

Thanks, that sounds very usable indeed.
I assume the Z-wave plug is controled wireless by the Toon.
This would also mean that I don't have to place the kettle module near the pump.
Saves me alot of wiring!
I will just have to get me a Z-Wave plug then...
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

yes, it is zwave plus. You can connect it in the plugs section of the toon and it will be discovered by the software.

You can also use a wifi plug (like sonoff or blitzwolf and flash it with Tasmota software).
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

If you want hardwired, i would suggest you use the kettle module, set the toon to on/off and add a relay in the kettle module switching output.
ikookmaar
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ikookmaar »

Oepie-loepi, I would love to test / use your app!
Sent you a PM...
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Is is allready in the toonStore now. Hou can test.
ikookmaar
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ikookmaar »

Hey oepi-loepi.
Your pump switch app is working great! Thanks a lot :-)
Now I would love to track the pump switch in Domoticz...
Is there a specific url on the Toon 2 where the status (switched on or off) can be retrieved with json or so?
Thanks in advance...

Return to “Toon miscellaneous”