Forum about Opentherm, Hvac, House heating, Boilers

Moderator: hvxl

ai1
Starting Member
Starting Member

opentherm or not opentherm

Post by ai1 »

Hello,

I'm really lost: to make a long story short, I bought a Tado 3+ wireless kit and connected the receiver to my Chappee Sempra Nova HTE boiler using the digital connection. Then I have configured it as Opentherm. Indeed, the information on the Tado website mentions the boiler as Opentherm compatible.

However, I managed to contact a Chappee advisor (I fought with Chappee's emo life thermostat before that) who told me (by the way, 2 different advisors were completely sure of themselves) that my boiler does not support Opentherm. Not at all.
Meanwhile, the Tado contact during the receiver configuration also told me that the boiler is not compatible with the thermostat.

Nevertheless, connected and configured in Opentherm, the thermostat manages to control the boiler: it starts when the thermostat calls for heat, it turns off when needed, etc.

Hence my question: is it possible that the opentherm thermostat manages the boiler in on/off mode?

More generally, what is the communication protocol used by Chappee Sempra Nova HTE boiler manufactured in June 2017?
It is not R-bus used by many recent De Dietrich/Chappee/Remeha/... boilers, but I have a Chappee 7108496 programmable modulating thermostat that controls it.

Any ideas are welcome!

PS:
Ah yes, this link
https://files.izi-by-edf-renov.fr/files ... happee.pdf
(and only it) mentions the Opentherm compatibility of the Sempra Nova HTE. What a mess!

Return to “Hvac, Heating Opentherm Forum”