Everything about rooting Toons 1 and 2.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Merc
Starting Member
Starting Member

Toon suddenly lost in Home Assistant

Post by Merc »

Hi all,
I have had a power cut here and after my system booted up again the my Home Assistant installation has lost the connection to the rooted Toon1.
The Toon has changed its IP and I am trying to get it back to the original (also setting a fixed IP in my router) but so far no success. It just keeps the one it has in the GUI.
Also, I have done the rooting a long time ago so I cannot remember whether in the network settings it should say in the Toon that it is connected to the service center or not, currently it does.

Any idea why the connection might be lost out of a sudden. It worked like a charm until this morning.

I am a bit afraid that something might have happened to the rooted status but maybe that is impossible, I dont know?

In the Home Assistant Toon addon I think there is nothing to do but put a few lines in the configuration.yaml file and I have checked this...the IP in there should be the one that is in the Toon.

Any suggestions what I could do or test?

Appreciated a lot...since this is a time where heating is quite a nice thing to have.

Kind regards,
Merc
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Toon suddenly lost in Home Assistant

Post by oepi-loepi »

More people experenced this after the update of home assistant. Just change the ip adress.
michel30

Re: Toon suddenly lost in Home Assistant

Post by michel30 »

Hi,

Did you install everything with HACS?

Toon Climate Component
and
Toon Smart Meter Sensor Component

If you install with HACS and you do the configuration from there with following the steps than you will see you TOON back in homeassistant as it was.

It is very strange by a crash that you will not see your Toon anymore.

Return to “Toon Rooting”