Toon recovered (no original vpn keys) doesnt connect to ketelmodule

If your (rooted) Toon doesn't do what it's supposed to, post here. Dutch allowed / Posten in 't Nederlands toegestaan.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

toonnoot

Toon recovered (no original vpn keys) doesnt connect to ketelmodule

Post by toonnoot »

Hi guys,

I have 2 toons here, both for which the original keys were lost.
One I copied in the keys from a donor toon, the other is still hanging at the wiped credentials 001-00000.

However, strange issue, both refuse to connect with the ketelmodule.
Error code A01.

Tried a different ketelmodule, same problem.
When I plug in a different toon, it works perfectly.

So it seems like the software is rejecting the connection or something?
I have a feeling somewhere there is a reference to the 001-00000 number, which is causing the ketelmodule to reject the connection with the toon.
Now a toonrecovery backup+restore procedure doesnt have this issue, so whatever is causing the issue it must be in one of those files?

I already tried resetting the name of the toon in the filest hosts and network/interface to the number on the back of the toon, but that didnt fix the issue.
What else could be causing it?

Probably not a coincidence that both of these toons are non-original hostnames / keys.

Does anyone recognise this?

EDIT: for some reason the interfaces file keept reverting back to 000000. so somewhere it's retrieving this name, which might also be the cause of the connection problems with the ketelmodule.

When I go to Menu -> Settings -> Productversie, here I do see the number of the ketelmodule and serialnumber, so it is communicating with it.
but it does keep throwing the A01 error.
The Toon Displaycode also stays at 001-000000
toonnoot

Re: Toon recovered (no original vpn keys) doesnt connect to ketelmodule

Post by toonnoot »

So I took a donor toon, copied over the OPENVPN folder, and edited the network/interfaces, hosts, and hostname files to the new toon-id.

now the toon correctly displays the new toonname.
I also see the ketelmodule information in the toon, but still the toon cannot connect to the ketelmodule..

So it doesnt seem to be related to the vpn / hostname issue.

One thing I did realise was that both toons have bootloader version R10.
Maybe it is related to that? Seems like there is something in that bootloader
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Toon recovered (no original vpn keys) doesnt connect to ketelmodule

Post by oepi-loepi »

Strange. Are the two toons of the same series ( if you look at the serial number on the sticker)? After a recovery everything should work fine.

Return to “Toon issues and support (Nederlands toegestaan)”