Question about TP serial command

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

mike7

Question about TP serial command

Post by mike7 »

Hi Schelte,

I'm preparing to change pic to PIC16F1847. Hope I can start on next Thursday.
Looking for new commands for PIC16F1847 I can't understand syntax of TP command.

What is the "entry" in TP=id:entry[=value] ?
As I understand MsgIds 10 & 11 only have index number as a argument.

Code: Select all

To read a TSP, the master uses the following command: READ-DATA (id=11,TSP-index,00).
The slave response will be either :
1. READ-ACK (id=11,TSP-index,TSP-value) 2. DATA-INVALID (id=11,TSP-index,00)
3. UNKNOWN-DATAID (id=11, TSP-index,00)
Everything OK, the requested data-value is returned.
The TSP-index is out-of-range or undefined, 00 is returned. The slave does not support transparent-slave-parameters.
To write a TSP, the master uses the following command: WRITE-DATA(id=11,TSP-index, TSP-value)
The slave response will be either :
1. WRITE-ACK (id=11,TSP-index,TSP-value)
2. DATA-INVALID (id=11,TSP-index,00)
3. UNKNOWN-DATAID (id=11,TSP-index,00)
5.3.7 Class 7 : Fault History Data
Everything OK, the value is echoed back. Note however, that the TSP-value may be changed by the slave if it is out-of- range.
The TSP-index is out-of-range or undefined, 00 is returned. The slave does not support transparent-slave-parameters.
hvxl

Re: Question about TP serial command

Post by hvxl »

Maybe I should have called it index instead of entry. They are the same thing.

To clarify: There are several TSP and FHB IDs: The normal boiler TSPs (MsgID 10 & 11), and FHBs (MsgID 12 & 13), Ventilation & heat recovery TSPs (MsgID 88 & 89) and FHBs (MsgID 90 & 91), and Solar storage TSPs (MsgID 105 & 106) and FHBs (MsgID 107 & 108). The first MsgID of each pair returns how many TSPs of FHBs there are. The second MsgID of the pair is used to access the specific TSP or FHB entry.

Let's take an example for a standard TSP. If for example MsgID 10 returns 18, that means there are TSPs numbered 0 through 17. To read TSP 5, you would use the command TP=11:5. To write 42 to TSP 8, you would execute TP=11:8=42.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”