Possibility to log when the boiler is in "shunt" mode

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

roblom
Starting Member
Starting Member

Possibility to log when the boiler is in "shunt" mode

Post by roblom »

I have a Calenta 28C and use the OTGW for years. But because I now have the Evohome zone heating system, what I am missing is when the boiler is in shunt mode (I'm not sure what the English translation of the Dutch word "pendelen" is, but it's the state a boiler is in when the difference between the incoming and outgoing temperature is too low so the boiler can't exchange it's heat.).
Is it possible to log this with the OTGW?
hvxl

Re: Possibility to log when the boiler is in "shunt" mode

Post by hvxl »

The Opentherm specification doesn't define a message for the boiler to report its operating mode. If a manufacturer wanted to be able to report this information, they could use a TSP. Those are free to be defined by the manufacturer. So it's usually difficult to get details about their meaning.

You may just have to apply some AI to determine this situation. For example based on the boiler water temperature, the return water temperature, CH enable, and CH mode (and DHW mode).
Schelte
roblom
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by roblom »

I also had thought about if I was able to determine this state with the data that is already available. But still after analyzing the data and use Grafana to visualize it I'm still having trouble to determine when the boiler is in "shunt" mode. I've looked several times on the display of the calendar when it is in status 8.1 but could not exactly see a clear pattern in it.
roblom
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by roblom »

Maybe a stupid question but does anybody know what code does a calenta give when it's in shunt mode?
Is that 1.1, 6.63 or 8.01?
Templar

Post by Templar »

roblom wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:00 pm I also had thought about if I was able to determine this state with the data that is already available. But still after analyzing the data and use Grafana to visualize it I'm still having trouble to determine when the boiler is in "shunt" mode. I've looked several times on the display of the calendar when it is in status 8.1 but could not exactly see a clear pattern in it.
Remeha info sent over OT:
Data-ID 5: correponds with the Remeha E:xx fault codes.
Data-ID 11: correponds with the Remeha Pxx parameter codes.
Data-ID 35: reported value is fan speed in rpm/60 .
Data-ID 115: correponds with the Remeha Status and Sub-status numbers using {u8 u8} data-type.

Check if you can use one of the Status and/Substatus numbers:

Code: Select all

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1721184/Remeha-Calenta-25s.html?page=65#manual

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”