kWh readout from a smartplug on Toon

Forum about Toon hardware, both versions 1 and 2 of Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Henk2k
Starting Member
Starting Member

kWh readout from a smartplug on Toon

Post by Henk2k »

Is it possible to read out the values of a smart kWh plug (Fibaro or other simular smart plugs) and display the values in Toon? Just like the ZonOpToon and m3's Gas etc.? It's not about turning on/of the plug, but the kWh values.

I'm trying to readout the values of heatpump and place them in Toon with graphs for hours/days/weeks/etc.

Hope you guys can help out. Thnx!
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: kWh readout from a smartplug on Toon

Post by oepi-loepi »

Yes, that is possible. You can use the app pumpSwitch as an example which uses the Watts to calculate the earnings.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Power consumption of all smartplugs is also stored in rra databases on Toon.
You can also query these databases from your laptop to process the data in Excel or whatever application you want to use.

(google for more details on domoticaforum.eu)
member of the Toon Software Collective
Henk2k
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Henk2k »

Thnx Oepi-Loepi and Toonz for your fast response! So I only need a compatible smartplug with Toon like Fibaro? Are there other brand preferable or should i stick with Fibaro to get the best results?

My goal is not to read the data from a seperate app on the Toon but directly from the main 'consumption' screen with the tabs:
Elektricity, Gas, Water (with the Oepi Loepi watermeter). Is it possible to add an extra tab (or more) with each smartplug or is to much asked from the (rooted) Toon software?
Last edited by Henk2k on Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Integrating in the main consumption screen is not straightforward as we have to change the default firmware for that (and we have no source codes of the internal modules being used). Actually it is a miss from Eneco to not have this built into the standard firmware.
What we could do is write a separate app which shows the power usage of the each plug on a tile/screen but not with all the bells and whistles of the standard firmware
member of the Toon Software Collective
Henk2k
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Henk2k »

Thnx Toonz!
I thougt (hoped) that it was more easy to readout (en show) the values in Toon. I tried downloading the PumpSwitch app, but that app is clearly not build for showing kWh data. Nice app, but not for my purpose.
Is there a well known app for Toon for my purpose? (logging and showing the consumuntion data of a smartplug)
If not i'll try searching for a HA-alternative or an kWh-meter with a propiatory app.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

HA alternatives enough like Shelly or Blitzwolf. Maybe that would be the fastest solution here.

Return to “Toon Hardware”