Remeha iSense V30 remote override not working

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

bushwoelie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Remeha iSense V30 remote override not working

Post by bushwoelie »

I just installed a OTGW between my Remeha Avanta boiler and Remeha iSense V30 thermostat. Reading the status of the system works just fine but I cannot set the temperature.
According to https://otgw.tclcode.com/matrix.cgi#thermostats my thermostat should support MsgID 9 ((Remote Override Operating Modes).
According to this forum posts there are 2 things that have to be set right: viewtopic.php?p=75121#p75121

1) The iSense firmware needs to be version 19 or higher but where can I find the verion my iSense is running (cannot find it in the menu)
2) Also Remote setpoint override is disabled by default and has to be enabled via the menu. I already enabled the "advanced" menu of the thermostat but cannot find that setting anywhere (maybe because my firmware is lower that 19).

I've also attached a picture of the back of my iSense with all labels/markings
Attachments
back of my iSense V30
back of my iSense V30
2e4b68a1-ba3a-4da9-93cd-08738b0ffe0d.jpg (110.35 KiB) Viewed 2006 times
hvxl

Re: Remeha iSense V30 remote override not working

Post by hvxl »

If the sticker says it's V30, then it probably is V30. To check it via the menu, do:
  • English: Main menu -> Information -> More information -> Version number
  • Dutch: Hoofdmenu -> Informatie -> Meer informatie -> Versienummer
The version number is one of the last entries, so I advise to turn the knob counter clockwise.

To be able to access the remote setpoint setting, the extended user mode must be selected:
  • English: Main menu -> Settings -> Users -> User mode -> Extended mode
  • Dutch: Hoofdmenu -> Instellingen -> Gebruikersinst. -> Gebruiksniveau -> Uitgebreid
Then the remote setpoint setting can be enabled:
  • English: Main menu -> Settings -> Installer -> Remote input -> Allow
  • Dutch: Hoofdmenu -> Instellingen -> Installateur -> Externe ingang -> Toestaan
Schelte
bushwoelie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by bushwoelie »

Hi Schelte,

Thanks for the info. I did not realize V30 was the firmware version. I thought this would be some kind of hardware revision.
After enabling the remote input I can indeed set the temperature from Home Assistant. Great!

Also thanks for developing the OTGW. In this was for a small amount of money I don't have to buy one of the well known smart thermostats that "think" for you but now I still have the thermostat that perfectly works with my boiler and still I'm able to automate things from Home Assistant.

Kind regards,

Marck
bushwoelie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by bushwoelie »

Maybe a small follow up question:

When you manually override the temperature on a iSense thermostat (and you are not running the normal program) a "hand" symbol is visible in the top right corner of the display. Now I'm looking to show that status (if the system is running the program or a manual setpoint) in Home assistant but I cannot find the correct entity in the 175 entities that are available. So is this value available as an enitity? And if so, which is it?
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

There is no Opentherm message defined for this functionality. It was probably not deemed necessary for a boiler to be informed of such a situation. In version 3 of the opentherm spec, MsgID 99 was added. This MsgID was more created with a gateway in mind, rather than just a thermostat and boiler. And it comes close to what you're asking about. But it there is no value defined for "manual".
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”