This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

mcc05
Starting Member
Starting Member

Is this an issue or just normal

Post by mcc05 »

Ideal Vouge C40 and Ideal Halo Lite thermostats

I've noticed in the logs every time the thermostat write out the room temp an unknown msg is returned

Code: Select all

12:51:41.836072	T10181423	Write-Data	Room temperature: 20.14
12:51:42.017582	A70181423	Unk-DataId	Room temperature: 20.14
Or is it just the boiler does not understand the msg, i.e. doesn't support it?

Can I use this "slot" msgid=24 and translate to msgid=27 to get the boiler to return the outside temp more often, using AA,UI?
george
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Is this an issue or just normal

Post by george »

That is not an issue, most boilers don't need room temp or room setpoint.

Yes, you can use AA=27 serial command.

if the gateway detects an unknown msgid three times it marks it as as available slot (which can be used for AA commands), so basically you don't need to run UI command as the gateway does that automatically.
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

You must have deleted some lines between the two you showed. A T message is never followed by an A message. There may be an R message in between. But there must at least be a B message. The A message indicates that the OTGW has already learnt that the boiler doesn't support MsgID 24 and it used the slot to obtain some other piece of information from the boiler. There is no need to send a UI command for that.

You don't have to set up a mapping of which slot gets converted to which other message ID. You just specify which messages you want the OTGW to send whenever there's an available slot, using the AA command. The messages in the list will be used in turn. If you want the outside temperature to be requested more frequently, you can simply put more occurrences of 27 in the list.

Properly designed boilers base their heating on the control setpoint and max modulation parameters. They have no need for the room temperature and room setpoint. So, with many boilers you will see that they return Unknown DataID for those messages. That is not an issue.
Schelte
mcc05
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mcc05 »

Yep I did delete two lines in the response sorry.
Thanks for the answers

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”