This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

BartSr
Starting Member
Starting Member

Can OTGW set parameters in Elga heatpump

Post by BartSr »

Hi!
Given clockthermostat iSense, boiler Remeha Avanta (ca. 10 years old), Techneco Heatpump 4 kW with Toshiba outside compressor unit. (4 years old).
I do use OTGW for monitoring using Domoticz. Also overriding iSense roomtemp setpoint.

Those days Elga was advised to be controlled by Honywell Chronoterm Touch thermostat.
That thermostat has hidden/secret feature to set parameters for optimizing the Elga.

Q: is there a way to change Elga parameters using OTGW or should I need to buy the advised thermostat?
TIA
-Bart
hvxl

Re: Can OTGW set parameters in Elga heatpump

Post by hvxl »

I suspect this is done using TSPs. If so, these can also be configured with the OTGW since firmware 6.2.

The difficult part is to find out which values go into which parameters. One strategy could be to buy a second-hand Chronotherm Touch (e.g. on Marktplaats), reverse engineer the parameters, and then sell the thermostat again. That way it doesn't need to cost you much. You may even make a profit!

Please share any information you figure out. It could be helpful for others.
Schelte
BartSr
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by BartSr »

Schelte,
Maybe stupid Q.
What's a TSP?
Bary
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

Sorry for not being clear. A TSP is a "Transparent Slave Parameter". Message class 6, if you want to check the specification. Currently 3 flavors are defined:
  • MsgID 10 & 11: TSPs for central heating and domestic hot water.
  • MsgID 88 & 89: TSPs for ventilation and heat-recovery.
  • MsgID 105 & 106: TSPs for solar storage.
Reading the first message ID of each pair will indicate whether the TSP flavor is supported and how many TSPs exist. If you use the PM command to read this information and there are TSPs, the OTGW will proceed to also read them.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”