Hardware: Toon metering module, "meteradapter"

Forum about Toon hardware, both versions 1 and 2 of Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

wirdo02
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Hardware: Toon metering module, "meteradapter"

Post by wirdo02 »

Daniel wrote:- Replaced the cable (phonecable with 4 wires) between the meter and adapter.

to be sure check if the colored wiring is on the same place on both rj11 plugs, standard telephone cable has a twist p1 cable not.
You are correct! Thanks for your response.
The wires are different on both ends. I’ll cut off the connector and put on a new one.
Tebogo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Tebogo »

bwbboot wrote:Yeah would love to see this kind of functionality. Logging P1, Water and Solar directly into Domoticz. Would be awesome to pull the information into Toon, or even better, have a way to post the information into Toon. Since thats how I post the information into Domoticz as well.

More than happy to assist somehow!
I also would love this. Instead of the default gas and electricity sensors via the “metermodule”, which mine is broken :| , I love to send or read these sensors out of Domoticz. My Raspberry is connected to my P1-meter, which is verry stable.

But I cannot find anywhere a app on the Toon for that. Could it be solved like the Solar-Panel app from opie-loepie?

Or other solution?

Thank you!!
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Tebogo wrote:
bwbboot wrote:Yeah would love to see this kind of functionality. Logging P1, Water and Solar directly into Domoticz. Would be awesome to pull the information into Toon, or even better, have a way to post the information into Toon. Since thats how I post the information into Domoticz as well.

More than happy to assist somehow!
I also would love this. Instead of the default gas and electricity sensors via the “metermodule”, which mine is broken :| , I love to send or read these sensors out of Domoticz. My Raspberry is connected to my P1-meter, which is verry stable.

But I cannot find anywhere a app on the Toon for that. Could it be solved like the Solar-Panel app from opie-loepie?

Or other solution?

Thank you!!
You can buy a replacement meteradapter on Marktplaats, or send me a PM if you cant find one.
Ridder
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Ridder »

I just got a rooted Toon2.
I used to use a Qurrent QBox...but that's obsolete now...
I already have some hardware that is useful for the Toon: P1 cable, kWh meter
The Qbox was connected to the kWh meter with a RJ45 connector, but the Toon meter adaptor uses a 3,5mm jack plug.
I have a analog Toon cable (without the sensor, with a 3,5mm jackplug on either side) and would like to know how to connect the cable to the S0 contacts of the kWh meter.
The cable has 2 wires: 1 red 1 white and a metal shielding layer....see pic.
Do I just have to take each wire to a S0 terminal or do I have to include the (earth?) shielding?

oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Think best is to use the pictures as shown here. viewtopic.php?f=95&t=12751. So connect 2 and 3 together to 1 contact of the S0 and 1 to the other contact of S0

download/file.php?id=3515
Ridder
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Ridder »

Normally the tip is the left channel and that would normally be the white wire= One of the S0 terminals
Red (right channel) and the common ground/the metal shielding will go on the other terminal.

I’ll give that a try!
Sedat01
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Sedat01 »

I have a toon2 but my boiler module sadly suffered water damage. So my question is - i find a lot of toon1 sets for cheap are those compatible with toon2? I can supply 24V to power the toon2, no problems with that but can toon2 communicate with the boiler module for toon1. Mine is a belgian unit if that matters.
Otherwise i was thinking of using homeassistant to control the boiler. Is it possible to install some kind of web browser to access the homeassistant dashboard from the toon2?
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

No problem, you can use the module of the toon 1 without anay problem.
fhughes
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by fhughes »

I'm looking for a compatible weather station with my Toon2. Can anyone recommend one?
casimex
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by casimex »

I recently rooted my Engie Boxx (Belgian Toon version - see pictures) and my electricity meter doesn't light blue as before anymore.
I'm not sure it is related to the rooting. If yes, what should be done to revive it?

Otherwise, does someone knows where to buy a replacement? (Can't find any on Ebay)

Thanks.
Attachments
smart-meter-back.jpg
smart-meter-back.jpg (45.1 KiB) Viewed 54 times
smart-meter-front.jpg
smart-meter-front.jpg (22.77 KiB) Viewed 54 times

Return to “Toon Hardware”