Water Sensor project

Forum about Questions, discussions and announcements regarding the Bwired website owned by Pieter Knuvers
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Water Sensor project

Post by Bwired »

I got this water Sensor from Greisinger type GEWAS 191A which can be installed between the wash machine and the water. It has 2 sensors which can be placed on different positions. If the (leaking) water hits the sensors the water is disconnected and a loud buzzer will go off.

http://www.greisinger.de/files/upload/d ... kat/98.pdf

For now a day's this is good device to have, I think there are a lot of people out there who had waterfloods in the past!

I adjusted the device, put a mini relais (12 volt) over the buzzer. The relais is activated when the sensors detect water. So now I'm able the check the status of the sensor and and mail or SMS when something goes wrong.

attach the small relais in place

You can connect this to any device you want like Visonic, Xanura or Poseidon etc. I think the sensor can be delivered by Conrad

Simple and usefull
check http://www.bwired.nl/Devices.asp device V23

Pieter Knuvers
www.bwired.nl Online House in the netherlands. Domotica, Home Automation.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Water Sensor project

Post by Snelvuur »

Put it in the bath tub, once its at a certain level, you can warn yourself that its time to go to bath.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Dowser

Water Sensor project

Post by Dowser »

Personally I like to have a warm bath, and I think that the steam condensing on the electrodes easily will trip the relay, and then you got a puddle instead of a bath, that won't continue to fill untill you have dried off the electrodes carefully. :)

//Markus
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Water Sensor project

Post by Bwired »

Right, the sensors are very sensitive. And really no option to mount these sensors in my bathtub... esthetically :-)
DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Water Sensor project

Post by DJF3 »

Would it be possible to connect a Visonic MCT-100 to the buzzer? (or doesn't it accept/handle the voltage that it will receive?)

Thanks
DJ

Return to “Bwired Forum”