PLC2220 & LED & 3 Phase Coupler

Forum about PLCBUS devices & software.

Moderator: Digit

Snoeiman
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Snoeiman »

Is there an option to use a 2220 with LED lighting?
Is there a possibility to DIM the LED lighting or will it then be lightNing[V]?

Can someone also tell/show me in a diagram how to install the 4825 (3 Phase Coupler) can I put this direct behind the 3 current-leak devices (each fase has a separate current-leak breaker at my home).
Jfn

Post by Jfn »

I mounted my 3-phase repeater behind its own fuse and residual current circuit-breaker (RCCB). It is not necessary for the repeater to have its own RCCB, but you definitely need to mount the repeater behind a fuse and not directly attach it to the existing RCCBs.

In case the repeater short-circuits the RCCB will not do anything, but the fuse will protect you from any further damage. Should you omit the fuse then probably your main fuse will blow and that is something I do not want to happen.

I used a separate 4-phase fuse to protect the repeater. Should any over-current situation happen, all three phases and the N are automatically switched off. The 4-phase fuse (as opposed to the 3P+N fuse) also has overcurrent protection on the N.

The RCCB and the 4-phase fuse were about E 60 including shipping.

A picture of my setup:

In the upper-left corner you can see the 3 brown wires and the blue one that go to the repeater. It is mounted in a box right above the fuse box.

Btw, actually there were two reasons for a seperate fuse + RCCB: Wiring the fusebox was more easy and in the future this configuration can double as a protective circuit should I decide to do my cooking using electricity.

About dimming led-lighting: I have no experience with it. But just give it a try I would say.

Als het niet gerepareerd kan worden dan is het niet kapot!
Lennart

Post by Lennart »

Hi Snoeiman,

Read up on LED dimming in this topic:

http://www.domoticaforum.eu/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=626

(Be sure to also check the topics that are pointed to from there.)

I'm not familiar with PLCBUS and/or the 2220 device but if it's just a regular leading/trailing edge dimmer, the Lumotech/Klemko LED driver is worth a try. Direct dimming of LEDs is usually a no-go.

Lennart

Return to “PLCBUS Forum”