Powermax alarm to GSM

Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

Ren
Starting Member
Starting Member

Powermax alarm to GSM

Post by Ren »

I just installed the Powermax alarm and it works proparly. The only thing that I could not manage was to program it calling my mobile phone when the alarm is activated. I read in the manual that the seller can program this. This means I cant do this by myself??

Rene
Sooty

Powermax alarm to GSM

Post by Sooty »

I have the Powermax+ panel and this function is set from the installer menu. I think it's called something like set private telephone.
You can access the installer menu with a different PIN code.
Are you using the built in dialler or the add-on GSM dialler

Paul..
Ren
Starting Member
Starting Member

Powermax alarm to GSM

Post by Ren »

Hi Paul,
I have the built in dialer I presume..

Rene
Sooty

Powermax alarm to GSM

Post by Sooty »

If it's the Powermax+ panel, then you need to get the panel into installer mode, then choose option 5 (Define Comm) then options 17->20 which are the Private Tel options.
There is an English installer manual here if it helps.
http://store.viewcare.co.uk/Manuals/Pow ... ctions.pdf

Paul..
Ren
Starting Member
Starting Member

Powermax alarm to GSM

Post by Ren »

Its the same one as I have in Dutch. I've given in my mobile phone number in option 5, to call first. When the alarm sounds I still dont receive a call. I cant see whats wrong. I follow the schedule. Can I test the telephoneconnection in a way? I connected it to my modem which has a double connection (Line 1 and Line 2).

Rene
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Powermax alarm to GSM

Post by Rene »

For the Powermax Pro with GSM module, you will have a separate GSM menu. Here you specify whether GSM has to be used as backup for an analog line, just for SMS or as a primary line. Also all other stuff, phone numbers, what events to report on etc. can be configured here.

Rene.
Sooty

Powermax alarm to GSM

Post by Sooty »

Rene

You mention option 5. If you look in the manual in the link on page 16, then option 5 is for the monitoring center number.
You need to use option 17 to enter your private phone number(s). Also look at option 20. If this is set to disable reports then it will not work. I have mine set to alarms only.
Also you may want to look at option 19 to set the number of attempts to dial each number.
If your model is the + and not the Pro then these settings should do it. My + panel dials my mobile no problem.

Paul..
Ren
Starting Member
Starting Member

Powermax alarm to GSM

Post by Ren »

With these options set I discovered the powermax gives a signal to the modem. The led of one of the telephone lines blinks so the modem receives a signal from the Powermax. So I think I must focus on the modem. Its a Webstar scientific Atlanta for internet and digital telephone with two telephonelines. Only one of the lines works but in both lines the signal does not reach my (mobile) telephone. This is wat I read on the site of my provider:

<i>Werkt mijn huis(alarm) installatie met ZeelandNet Digitale Telefonie?</i>

<b>Nee, helaas kunnen wij de werking van uw huis(alarm)installaties niet garanderen. Dit geldt ook voor persoonsalarmering.</b>

Rene
Ren
Starting Member
Starting Member

Powermax alarm to GSM

Post by Ren »

A possibillity to try is to make a splitter on the analoge connection of my telephoneprovider (KPN) before it connects my digital modem. I think the problem is the signal of the Powermax that doesnt match with the modem for digital phone and internet. Making a splitter of the modular plug to a rj11 connection may solve the problem. Before changing the whole thing I'll wait for a reply of www.waakzaamwonen.nl.

Rene
Ren
Starting Member
Starting Member

Powermax alarm to GSM

Post by Ren »

I solved the problem of the telephone connection with this schedule:
The red line is coax cable with 8 wires. The colours are:
blue
blue/white
orange
orange/white
green
green/white
brown
brown/white

The red lines are the wires blue and blue/white connected to the Powermax.

Rene

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”