HCB macro launch by remote control only

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
jlinnemann
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jlinnemann »

I am programming the HCB for my new home. There will be a number of scene switches in the house, but most likely there will be more scenes then switches. Simple (perhaps even stupid) question: how do I launch a scene with the remote control as the only interface? I am looking for a macro condition like "receipt of ON signal for M1". The workaround I now use is adding a "dummy" IMX10, programming inputs for ON commands for M1 through M4 and then selecting the ON status of these devices as a condition in a macro. This seems a complex way of doing something simple. Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Joost
Henk

Post by Henk »

Joost,

Yes this will work ... but i will not call it dummies more pseudo devices

You got a remote controle with housecode M and lets say using the first six buttons for light control ... so create in the HCB six devices as Generieke X10 devices and each will get a unique name like Remote1, Remote2 ... enz.

Now time to make macros:
IF Remote1=ON THEN Schakel lamp1 aan ; Schakel lamp2 aan .....
IF Remote2=off THEN ...............

Easy .. but do some experimenting and be aware of delays ....

It is a good practise to install a IMX10 near the entrance of a room and either switching direct lights or using All Lights ON/OFF ... Alternative options is to let an IMX10 generate a X10 command so the HCB macro will process it as a more complex light scenario. You have to create again some pseudo devices.

Enough flexibility in creating your own solution

Henk

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”