Solar Monitoring with PlugWise

Put a link of your Home Automation, Domotica website here.
aren
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by aren »

Hi All,

I programmed a new version of the mySolarLog software to interface with the PlugWise Data. It works very good and gives solarpanel owners without an computer coupled inverter the possibility to monitor there solar systems from anywhere!

See the logging result here http://test.mysolarlog.com

Kind Regards,

Aren
<font color="orange">What's Your Solar Power Today?</font id="orange">
Lennart

Post by Lennart »

Hi Aren,

Welcome to the forum. MySolarLog looks nice! (Although the price is a bit steep for a consumer oriented application, especially given not-for-profit initiatives such as http://sonnenertrag.eu i.m.h.o.)

Lennart
aren
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by aren »

It's not completely fair to compare. Because you can't.

The mySolarLog application is an automatic logging system thats logs every hour, and you don't have to give in the data manual as on the site you mentioned.
Besides that you have to buy an expensive hardware device like SolarLog or SunnyDevice.

Kind Regards,

Aren
What's Your Solar Power Today?
Lennart

Post by Lennart »

Hi Aren,

I'm not saying the functionality is identical. I'm just mentioning that there are other initiatives that might be more attractive to some users based on a price/feature trade-off. Sonnenertrag allows you to enter data manually if you're just a casual user who doesn't want to invest. (Or you could shell out some serious cash and do it automatically using a solarlog or sunnydevice, but that's indeed not the main focus of that site.)

I would think many (most?) pv system owners are not into computers / hardware enough or have too small a system to justify investing EUR 350 for a mySolarlog + Plugwise starter set solution (or any other solution that would cost more than just a few bucks); they'd probably be more than happy with what Sonnenertrag has to offer. And the real die-hards might be eager to do it themselves but rather invest the money into hardware only. That's what I meant with my remark about the price in relation to the target audience. Comparison may not be fair, but that's what the end users will do anyhow.

Lennart
aren
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by aren »

So....

We created a myManualSolarApp application to do it manualy.
The program is Free and no Plugwise device or other hardware is needed.
Only a readout meter is needed to see your KWH values.

If you want the service for a own mySolarLog website then you can subscribe for a year account and have the advantage of online statistics like month and year overviews, your own personal webpage, weather page and gadget like the google, vista and iPhone app.

What's Your Solar Power Today? [:)]

Want to see it in action http://manual.mysolarlog.com?template=flash.

Return to “Who has a realtime website”