X10 does not switch off

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
TOKN
Starting Member
Starting Member

X10 does not switch off

Post by TOKN »

Hi,
One of the circuits I try to switch in my house is made up of 6 Hi power Leds of 1W each. I can switch these lights on with a X10 module but cannot switch them off. Only with the manual switch (black wire to L) I can switch them off. It is not problem with not enough minimal load, I replaced one of the Leds with a 50 W halogen bulb and the problems remains. Any ideas ?

Thanks for your help !

Tony
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

X10 does not switch off

Post by MindBender »

Perhaps the LED power supply is producing some kind of interference with X10 in on-state. Did you try to move it closer to your computer interface? Did you try to disconnect a couple of LEDs to reduce the load on the power supply (and hence reduce the interference it may produce)?
TOKN
Starting Member
Starting Member

X10 does not switch off

Post by TOKN »

@Mindbender ... Good idea !!! I can start off with only the halogen bulb and then one by one add Leds .. see what this gives me !! Thanks !!!! Will keep you posted !

Tony
TOKN
Starting Member
Starting Member

X10 does not switch off

Post by TOKN »

@Mindbender again ... Hi, I tried your suggestion ... as soon as there is 1 Hi power Led in the circuit .. it fails ... Replacing all the Hi Power Leds by 50 W / 220 V halogen bulbs solves the problem ... So .. do you think placing a filter in the circuit would solve the problem ?

Thanks for your help !!!
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

X10 does not switch off

Post by MindBender »

Sorry dude; I'm not very active in the forum these days, so response can take a little longer...

We need to figure out the source of the interference first. You write you're using 220V halogen bulbs; This suggests that replacing the LEDs actually means "replacing the LEDs and their power supply", right? I was under the impression you were using a 12V power supply, 12V halogen bulbs or 12V LEDs.

With this new information, it is fairly safe to assume the power supply for the LEDs is causing the interference. Is the power supply integrated in the LEDs? If not, you could try to connect only the power supply to verify this.
Stevexyz

X10 does not switch off

Post by Stevexyz »

This is a three-wire (neutral-connected) on-off appliance X10 switch?

Two-wire X10 modules pick up their X10 signal <i>through</i> the load and if the load doesn't conduct when it's off/on, the module can't turn on/off.

Steve
carloscbs
Starting Member
Starting Member

X10 does not switch off

Post by carloscbs »

Hi! I've experienced the same problem on 12V halogen lamps in my apartment. In one of the situation I've replaced the 12V lamps for 230V lamps and took out the electronic transformer that was sending noise to the X10 network. In the other situation the transformers were not easily accessible so I put a filter micromodule after the LW10 and also worked out.

s4813M - http://www.eurox10.com/Product/Micromod ... S4813M.htm
TOKN
Starting Member
Starting Member

X10 does not switch off

Post by TOKN »

Hi,thanks for the replies ! Could you please let me know exactly how you wired the FD10 ?

Many THanks !!!!
TOKN
Starting Member
Starting Member

X10 does not switch off

Post by TOKN »

That is correct ! The load being the 230V 1W Led bulbs .. But even if I replace one of these with a normal halogen buble, the problem remains ...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by stevexyz</i>
<br />This is a three-wire (neutral-connected) on-off appliance X10 switch?

Two-wire X10 modules pick up their X10 signal <i>through</i> the load and if the load doesn't conduct when it's off/on, the module can't turn on/off.

Steve

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
TOKN
Starting Member
Starting Member

X10 does not switch off

Post by TOKN »

Hi,thanks for the replies ! Could you please let me know exactly how you wired the FD10 ?

Many THanks !!!!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TOKN</i>
<br />Hi,thanks for the replies ! Could you please let me know exactly how you wired the FD10 ?

Many THanks !!!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”