Send digital output to KAKU receiver?

Forum about Click On Click Off (KAKU), Home Easy and related hardware.
GertBeckers
Starting Member
Starting Member

Send digital output to KAKU receiver?

Post by GertBeckers »

Dear All,
I am slowly building up to my own home automation system.
Currently I am using the Klikaan Klikuit (KaKu)/chacon / intertechno modules. Since we bought an existing building, we used a lot of the ultra slim dimmer modules (KaKu AWMR-210). A very nice solution, worth every penny!

However...
It is very unfortunate that there is no sender module to be built-in. It would be great to be able to send a digital output to a receiver module.
Let me give an exemple:

1. My Siemens doorbell (HC450 combined with C47 phone) has got a digital output. I would like to send this output to a receiver module AWMR-120, so the outdoor light turns on when somebody is at the door.
Currently KaKu only has these wall switches or remote controls in their sender product range. No "universal" module.

2. I got nice switches in my house (http://www.niko.be/nlbe/consumers/produ ... /niko-pure) and I for one do not want to change them for the wireless KaKu switches. They just do not look solid. Therefore the AWMR-210 module is a nice solution. However a hotel solution (hotel schakeling) is not possible when you want to use the existing switches. For this hotel solution you might have several switches switching one single light. The AWMR-210 can only switch one (wired) light.

So what I am looking for is a AWMR-210 "sender". The input would be a standard light switch DI). The module would transform the lightswitch contact to the RF-signal (seems to be some kind of X10) Does anyone know if such a solution is out there? Maybe another manufacturer makes this kind of unit that is compatible with the KaKu system? Maybe a DIY project?

this is the product I mean, not sure if this one is compatible:
http://www1.conrad.nl/scripts/wgate/zco ... chedetail=

This one is not compatible at all:
http://www.nikogroup.be/nlbe/profession ... e-batterij

I am looking forward to your comments!

Gert Beckers
Jeroen Bartels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Send digital output to KAKU receiver?

Post by Jeroen Bartels »

What you could do is buy a wireless kaku doorbel that can be used with the original Doorbelswitch. ABCD-6500bc. It includes a transmitter that can activate a kaku device. If you also use homeward there are many more options.
**Jeroen**
GertBeckers
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by GertBeckers »

Hey Jeroen,
just tried that one, unfortunately it seems that the (A)BCD-6500BC can only transmit to its doorbell. It doesn't seem to be compatible with AWMR-modules.
Close but no sigar. Still very strange that there is no universal input module out there for the klikaan klikuit product range...

Gert
DeathJester
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by DeathJester »

I noticed that KaKu recently put a new sender product on their website. The AWMT-230. To me it seems that this module enables you to keep using your current switched, but with that switch send a signal as well.
GertBeckers
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by GertBeckers »

I have ordered some of these units. quite curious about the result. Same functionalities as the Niko one, but so much cheaper...
Jeroen Bartels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jeroen Bartels »

I talked to Kaku and they said that the AWMT-230 only works when the original switch has a load on it. They are also working on a new version that does not need a load on it to switch KAKU devices.
Keep us updated when you receive it.
**Jeroen**
GertBeckers
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by GertBeckers »

Replacing the load by any 230V LED might be a good solution. I still do not get why it only sends signal when switching loads... and still have a battery...
Please do not try to explain, it just doesn't make sense...

Return to “Click On Click Off & Home Easy”