Interface for hometrainer

Forum about other Home automation topics which can not be categorized in any other forum. So this needs to be Home automation Domotica related! (otherwise use Off Topic)
phoenixb
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Interface for hometrainer

Post by phoenixb »

Hi,

Mayby it's not realy the forum to ask but i hope that someone knows something.
I'm looking for a interface (homebuild) that i can connect/mount to my hometrainer so i can use the information about rpm etc. to log it on my pc
Grtz,

Re: Interface for hometrainer

Post by xanhoera »

I was looking for similar things few months ago, didn't really find anything usefull; quite disappointing really. In my case I was looking to buy a new hometrainer with some kind of interface I could use to gather all necessary data. There were a few models available which have a USB interface, or some older models with a RS232 interface. However nobody could really help me with the technical details on what you could actually do with it.

(keeping an eye on the topic :))
Last edited by xanhoera on Sun May 30, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

This pops up immidiatly
Put a magnet on the hometrainers wheel, add a DS90 to give a signal everytime the magnet passes and log this in a database or do some counting in the event.
This will probaly to much for the ds90 to keep up with so adding a 4017B Decade counter will probaly a good thing.

Second thought
Use a 'stappenteller' (step counter)
Bram
xanhoera

Post by xanhoera »

Again, I'm having a look at the possibilities of having "training" results automatically monitored and logged within the home automation system.
Does anyone have any progress/worked out projects (notice the choice of words :p) in the mean time? :)
structor

Post by structor »

Return to “Miscellaneous Home Automation topics”