Not licensed for extended scripting

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
jvmkite
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Not licensed for extended scripting

Post by jvmkite »

Thank you very much Darwusch, the patch works fine.

Greetings from Portugal - José... :-)
jjdoom
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jjdoom »

With the new version it doesn't work for me anymore. Try to find the same hex but when i change it it still won't start.
Did anyone already got it to work on 2.22 ?
taydin
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by taydin »

thanks Darwuch, i have followed step by step and change the value from 06 to 17 but i cannot save it. It gives error, is there also a way to surpass it?
Darwusch

Post by Darwusch »

Close plugwise before you save the file. Then run pluwise again.
DekkerAldo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by DekkerAldo »

Darwusch,

I have used your solution for some time, but I just got a new update on 20-07-2012 New assembly version 2.20.4565.24024 Plugwise.Images.dll (still file version 2.20.0.0).

I have been searching for the same sequence of bytes, but cannot find it in this file. How did you find the byte to be changed? I have tried to disassemble the file but I do not understand much of the assembly language.

Aldo Dekker
Darwusch

Post by Darwusch »

DekkerAldo wrote:New assembly version 2.20.4565.24024 Plugwise.Images.dll (still file version 2.20.0.0).
For this version it is hex-address 20D9.
Same change: 06 -> 17

To learn assembly, there are many other good forums on the internet.
DekkerAldo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by DekkerAldo »

Darwusch,

Thank you for the quick answer. I changed the byte to 17. But still get when I open http://localhost:8080/ the message: Note: The totals are 0, because Extended Scripting is disabled.

I made my own script to copy the production data from my PV panels. This is also not working. So the solution is not the same as in the previous assembly versions of Plugwise.Images.dll

Aldo
Darwusch

Post by Darwusch »

You have to edit the web page too, just search in the web files for that sentence :-)
Files appliancestable.pte and appliancetypestable.pte (scripts use these files).
Look for the if statements with

Code: Select all

ContainsValue('E')
DekkerAldo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by DekkerAldo »

Darwusch,

Thanks for your efforts but it did not work, I thought. So I ordered the update.

Now I saw that my script was also outdated, because the scripting language has changed also in the new version. They added new features and old features were not working anymore. E.g. I looked for .log(date)[1][0], but this has changed to .log[0][4]. If I would have used names instead of the numbers it would probably have stayed the same.

I could have saved € 19.95. But the time I have spend in searching for a solution made buying the additional licence worth paying for.

To check whether the additional licence works I have added
<% echo 'Plugwise FeatureFlags ', Plugwise.FeatureFlags %>
To my webpage I use for seeing the production data of my solar panels for the last month. And before the updated licence I saw.

Plugwise FeatureFlags { 'W' }

Now I get:

Plugwise FeatureFlags { 'W', 'X', 'E' }

So no need to delete the statements ContainsValue('E') from both the .pte files.

But thank again you have been a big help in the past before I paid for the extended scripting. I saw the value of the scripting and was able to test the system.

Aldo
Darwusch

Post by Darwusch »

Hi Aldo,

I'm glad you got it working. You're right, the time is worth the money.

Darwusch
erikk
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by erikk »

Do the Pro-features actually work for you with this hex-editting? I can select usage per 5 minutes in the report section now, but it isn't showing any data at all. When I switch back to usage per hour it works again. Do I have to restart the circles or something? I've already waited an hour, but doesn't change anything. Exporting a CSV does work though.

Edit: I reset my stick, reset my circle+ and reset my circle now and reset the source-application by removing the userdata-folder. Going to see if usage per 5 minutes works now...
Last edited by erikk on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darwusch

Post by Darwusch »

I have only activated extended scripting. The 5 min interval does not work with it.
erikk
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by erikk »

Ah okay. Yeah, 5 minute interval still doesn't work after resetting etc. :) Funny that it does show in the GUI though. Plugwise support says a Pro license costs 200 euros. That's a bit much for smaller intervals imo. Too bad. Might sell my plugwise and get an arduino + s0-kwh-meter or something.
Dowser

Post by Dowser »

Koen Zomers wrote:Sending your Plugwise Source license key to helpdesk@plugwise.com requesting your license to be upgraded to include the script extensions will have them upgrade your license for free.
Nope, I got the answer "The extended scripting option is a payed license option and will cost arround 999 euro's." :(

I'll think I will pass...
//Markus
vanisher

Post by vanisher »

It was about € 19,95

Return to “Plugwise Forum”