Taiyito (China) Installation

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
wjb
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Taiyito (China) Installation

Post by wjb »

My order came through DHL without any extra taxes ;-)
bing

Post by bing »

wjb wrote:My order came through DHL without any extra taxes ;-)
Some one will soon have to order something in China? Would I therefore be able to order something? I only need 2 or 3 devices.
max
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by max »

I am in process of building a new house and sorting lightning/shutter modules - I am about to purchase about 20 PLC/X10 modules and Taiyito had made a great offer.
What are the experiences with their modules (lightning and shutter) - should I order?

I cant find any protocol details but they are saying it is PLC/X10 - does it mean it is compatible with PLCBUS and backwards to X10?
This is a major concern because I plan to use PC controller and LinuxMCE - and there is no mention that Taiyito RS232 controller TDXE6206 will work.
If not - is it possible to buy PLCBUS (PLCBUS-1141) or X10 (CM11A) controller and control the taiyito modules with it?
I definitly plan to buy Taiyito TDXE6206 rs232 controller to give it a try and a way of programming modules.

Sorry for the novice questions - but I have to start from somewhere :)
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

PLCBUS and X10 are 2 different protocols. I have both, and I cannot control my X10 modules with my PLCBUS interface (1141) or vice versa. If they are saying PLC, i think they mean "PowerLine Control"; that's about the only thing X10 and PLCBUS have in common - they are both controlled over the powerline. AFAIK....

BTW, if I search the Taiyito site (http://www.taiyito.com) for "PLCBUS" I get "No information" as result...
max
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by max »

thnx for that, I figured what they meant by PLC-x10 after posting.
So the taiyito products are normal X10 2-way. That means I will end up buying bunch of expensive filters or is taiyito a bit more robust (like they say)?
I am concerned about interference from CFL, laptop and other switching power supplies.

Should I go for 3X more expensive PLCBUS products? For this installation it is a BIG difference in cost - but If I end up with lots of expensive filters on taiyito and PLCBUS doesnt need them - it would be the same.

As far as I can see it for me:
X10 Taiyito pros:
-3X cheaper
-more manufacturers and products to chose from
PLCBUS pros:
-more robust?!?!??
-fluorescent dimmers available
-supported controller (1141) in LinuxMCE

Also the challenge is whether Taiyito TDXE6206 rs232 controller will work with LinuxMCE or I will end up buying CM11A additionaly.
Has anyone here used Taiyito TDXE6206 rs232 controller?
CarlosR.
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by CarlosR. »

Does anyone know where to buy the TDXE4203S?
Thanks.

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”