Evohome / Evotouch Wireless protocol?

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Evohome / Evotouch Wireless protocol?

Post by r_255 »

jrosser wrote:I think you need to run "make install" in the qtserialport directory. That should install the library and headers in a place that the honeymon build ought to find.
okay, thanks ill look into that.. guess i need to run that from the command prompt?
jrosser wrote:I'm not sure that honeymon will work with the cul as it is at the moment....
If you use the "Simple Terminal" example from qtserialport does it just display lines like you posted, or lots of garbage characters?

It does, output is from the the simple terminal example and the cul is connected. The rfbee is also on the desk but not connected. I guess i need to update that to your rfbee firmware 1st before i try, or is it better to stay on Wladimirs firmware ? ( just for testing )
jrosser
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jrosser »

Yes - run make install from the mingw / cygwin terminal in the qtserialport directory.

I'll try to find some time soon to make Honeymon understand the output from the cul. My RFbee firmware does not send the data out over the normal RX/TX pins, and I need to put some more info on the github wiki about how to wire it up, so don't use that yet.

I think that if you have the cul working, stick with that for the time being.
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by r_255 »

Okay i just got married to honeymon ;o) and its running.

except there are no recognisable bytes..... as you predicted.

that is for the cul and the rfbee on Wladimir's firmware.

Under the decoder tab it says :
Number of input bytes 2511 (( and rises ) so i guess it receives something only not comaptible to the decoder )
the others just say 0 or stay empty

The same it is with the rfbee so i guess ill be patient until..
thanks for all the help sofar and happy i got your app compiled.
jrosser
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jrosser »

OK - that is good that you see the input bytes counter work :)

The difference is that my firmware sends the raw data bytes, but the cul prints them out as readable characters.

Will try and look at it later.....
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by r_255 »

Yeah, it took me some as compile noob... but then i have some result !! :D
and please take your time, still need to celebrate my 1st suc6 on the compile job here :)
mouse256
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mouse256 »

Did anybody here got an idea on how to configure the cul using culfw to monitor evotouch communication? I see in the specs which registers you have to set to which values. Unfortunately in the culfw I only see commands to read the registers, not write them.
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by r_255 »

No idea how to configure the culfw firmware to receive the honeywell msgs. There must be some configuration setup for the c1101 as they read more than one protocol ( different bands )

If you drop me a line on my nick name+hotmail.com i can send you a firmware for the cul that monitors pretty good in combination with the honeymon tool.
Ploink70
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Ploink70 »

@jrosser: do you know of this document -http://www.tridiumeurope.com/storage/do ... 788406.pdf - From what I gather it seems that the protocol that is used is very broad and allows for transferring the programs as well. The Ramses protocol seems proprietary and Tridium is rather expensive....

I just ordered an RFBee and will tune into your project.

*ploink*
qjb
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by qjb »

Yesterday I opened an HR80 to see what is inside (very simple). The microprocessor is an ATMEL MEGA169PV accompanied by a TDA5250. I guess this rules out that the protocol would depend on packet features of the CC1101. The main board also contains 2 rows of 4 holes which seem to form a JTAG interface (lines connector the pins used for JTAG on atmega).

Is there someone who can read the content of avr processor using a JTAG interface?
Slowmo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Slowmo »

There will probably be fuse bits set which will prevent doing that.
kus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by kus »

Anyone here have the old combination HR50 with Honeywell HR-50 ? It is transmitting on 433 MHz - I'm looking for the detailed c1101 communication parameter settings

Greatings
Kai
jrosser
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jrosser »

@mouse256 we need someone to write custom firmware for the CUL to receive the messages. r255 has a binary, but no source code.

@Ploink70 thanks for the link, there is some useful stuff in there particularly the references to RNP and RAMSES II. More info on those is needed. Got to be careful to separate out the Tridium and Honeywell stuff from that document, it's quite involved. You should be able to program an RFBee with my firmware and get a serial output. Total lack of documentation at the moment, I'll try to get round to fixing that soon. A few other clues in that doc, like one of the messages is battery status info.

@kus use Smart RF Studio software from TI website to generate a set of register values for 433Mhz. You'll have to know the exact centre frequency and study the CC1101 datasheet carefully. See here for a register set for 868MHz, ought to be very broadly similar. https://github.com/jrosser/rfbee/blob/master/CCxCfg.h
mouse256
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mouse256 »

If I have more time time I think I should be able to adapt the CULFW myself to support the honeywell messages. But so far I haven't done that, using the binary from r255 now.

I managed to make a small daemon that I'm running now so I can view the status of my evotouch on my smartphone. It works very nicely for me. Unfortunately for you guys I can't yet release it as I'm using a library in there which has not been released to the public yet. Once this is done, I will be more than happy to share my work.
Beat
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Beat »

An update for people reading this thread: it turns out that Honewell uses the proprietary RAMSES RF wireless protocol. Honeywell sells an HGS80 Gateway Serial (RS-232) Interface and an HGI80 Gateway USB Interface:

http://products.ecc.emea.honeywell.com/ ... hgs80.html

These devices pick up all RF messages and send them over the serial resp. USB interface. It also seems possible to send messages from serial / USB to RF with these devices and to program an EvoTouch controller via this way.

There are third-party applications, such as Tridium's Niagara-AX home automation system, that provide drivers / support for the HGS80 Gateway Serial Interface and to the EvoHome system:

http://www.tridiumeurope.com/storage/do ... 788406.pdf

Using such applications, integrating EvoHome in a larger home-automation set-up seems relatively easy.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Never heard of those before.. :(

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”