no signal?

Forum about Rfxcom home automation Domotica devices.

Moderator: b_weijenberg

Edwin

no signal?

Post by Edwin »

verry bad receiving on rfxcomreceiver here,my x10 motion sensors are 10 m away from the reciever but it cant find them annymore.when i hold the x10 motionsensor 1m from the reciever then it shows in the log and events start working.
dont know why the receiving is so bad,nothing changed on my setup as far as i know.
what can cause this?

thanks
freetings ewin
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: no signal?

Post by b_weijenberg »

If sensors disappear for a longer period the source can be another transmitter that is transmitting continuously or with short intervals. If X10 MS13 sensors are in use check the battery in this sensor because when the battery becomes almost empty the MS13 starts transmitting a weak continuous RF signal but just enough to disturb the sensitive RFXCOM receiving.

It is expected that RF interference is happening if sensor signals disappear for several hours. RF interference will occur if sensors of the same type are configured to the same channel.

Another antenna is officially not allowed because the RFXtrx is certified with the supplied antenna.
But to increase the receiving range you can connect for example a 190073 Conrad 433MHz ground plane, however this will also increase the radiated transmit power which is illegal! This adapter can be used for SMA- to BNC
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BNC-female-SMA- ... 2a03ea8391

The location of the sensor and the RFXCOM is also important if the RF signal has to pass through walls. See chapter 2.4 in the RFXtrx User Guide
http://www.rfxcom.com/documents/RFXtrx% ... 0Guide.pdf
Edwin

Re: no signal?

Post by Edwin »

thanks, i go have a look if there are almost empty batteries in one of my sensors/

Return to “Rfxcom Receivers & Transmitters Forum”