Elro C704IP camera IO input

Forum All about Webcams, IP Camera's & Camera's (hardware, software, pan tilt zoom etc).

Moderator: Esteban

fraggel
Starting Member
Starting Member

Elro C704IP camera IO input

Post by fraggel »

Hello,

Since i could not find a more suitable place for camera's I post this in Mescellaneous topics.

Since a few days I own a Elro C704IP wifi camera. This works very well and on motion triggers an event in my homeseer system.
However, I don't want to use the camera to check for motion, but I want to have it react to a ring on my doorbell.

The camera is equiped with 4 electrical contacts (IO ports), 2 for triggering an external system, using 5V and 2 (sig/gnd) for accepting signals from another device.
Is there anyone who knows the maximum voltage of this input port? Since my doorbell uses 8V, I don't know whether I can safely connect it to this port without frying the camera.
I am pretty sure it will function the same way as most foscam camera's, but I can't find the maximum input voltage for ports of these camera's either.

Two small sidenotes:
- Since I actually would like my doorbell to stay functioning the same way it does now, I rather don't want to make changes to doorbell knobs, voltages etc.
- Since my doorbell is equiped with a tiny light, a little flow of electricity will be there any time. Will this be a problem with the triggering of this port in the camera e.g. what level will be the switching point from low to hi?

Thx for your input

Return to “Webcams & Camera Stuff Forum”