Visonic Powermax Powerlink protocol description

Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

Mario from Spain

Re: Powerlink protocol description

Post by Mario from Spain »

Thank you very much for sharing the code. I'll try this weekend to make it work.
uAlex73

Post by uAlex73 »

@romac:

At the moment I bought the PowerMaster, i didn't know the report wasn't instant. I knew it worked with the PowerLink protocol (thanks to Wouter). I need to analyse the protocol a little bit more, maybe i can get more usefull information out of it (already months on my todo list ;-(). The PowerMaster was wayyyyyy cheaper than the PowerMax in my region, Visonic overprice their equipment (so that was my main reason :-)). I bought the unit + all sensors where i could have "only" the unit if i bought the Max.
DomotiGa / Z-Wave / RFXCom / Visonic PowerMaster / Home Assistant / Zigbee2MQTT / DSMR Reader / Toon1 (rooted)
uAlex73

Post by uAlex73 »

dad wrote:@uAlex: Thanks for the PM, I cannot reply yet as I have not posted enough. Yes my code works - Initially it was failing when the lobyte evaluated to FF, by trial and error I found that if that is the case the checksum appears to be the hibyte instead. Since then all the messages received have calculated correctly.

Dad
Ok - the code seems to have a lot of overhead ;) Not such how you pass the data to the routine ... maybe a string? Seems that to-from byte-hex happens a few times in the code.
DomotiGa / Z-Wave / RFXCom / Visonic PowerMaster / Home Assistant / Zigbee2MQTT / DSMR Reader / Toon1 (rooted)
lmaurice
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by lmaurice »

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to manage a PowerMax Pro through RS232 port and I have some problems to enroll it.
Indeed, normally, the enrollment process (as said in the documentation) is launched when leaving the installation menu.
However, when I do it, the only string I receive is : 0x00 0x01 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x43
I don't know what to answer. I was waiting for a string beginning by 0xAB.
If someone can help me...

Thank you in advance,
Laurent
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

It is not necessary to enroll if you can provide a pin code for the operations which require a pin code. The enrollment process creates a pin code especially for the Powerlink which can then be used instead of one of the user defined pin codes. The enrollment process starts by selecting it from the installer menu, not by just exiting the menu. Each response from the Powermax needs to be acknowledged.
Rene.
lmaurice
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by lmaurice »

Thank you for your answer, Rene.
But, I have no enrollment selection in the installer Menu. In my programmer documentation, it is written the enrollment process to be automatic.
Indeed, now I have put again the real Powerlink and now I can hear many trames on the RS232 port. But, for the moment, I cannot send a command like arming or disarming.
I continue to try.

Best regards,
Laurent
Romac
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Romac »

uAlex73 wrote:@romac:

At the moment I bought the PowerMaster, i didn't know the report wasn't instant. I knew it worked with the PowerLink protocol (thanks to Wouter). I need to analyse the protocol a little bit more, maybe i can get more usefull information out of it (already months on my todo list ;-(). The PowerMaster was wayyyyyy cheaper than the PowerMax in my region, Visonic overprice their equipment (so that was my main reason :-)). I bought the unit + all sensors where i could have "only" the unit if i bought the Max.
Thank you very much for the information. Guess I will settle for the PowerMax if I can find it for a decent price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HS3, Z-Wave Network, CommandFusion GUI
lmaurice
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by lmaurice »

It's strange. I receive correctly the messages coming from the PowerMax.
However, i never receive any answer from my commands. It is as if the PowerMax didim(t receive anything from me.
Is there anything specific to activate to be able to send a command to the Powermax ?

Best regards,
Laurent
uAlex73

Post by uAlex73 »

@lmaurice:

Just to confirm, you properly acknowledge the message(s) send by the PowerMax? Else the communication will stop.

Which commands are you sending to the PowerMax? For almost all requests you have to be in the "download" mode first.
lmaurice
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by lmaurice »

Thank you Alex,

the commands I tried to launch are :
A1 00 00 05 usercode_high usercode_low 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x43 for arming
and A1 00 00 00 usercode_high usercode_low 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x43 for disarming.

I think the communication is still on because I receive on a regular basis the command 0xAB 0x03 0x00 0x1E 0x00 0x31 0x2E 0x31 0x33 0x00 0x00 0x43

In fact, I have a Powerlink2 module installed in the PowerMax Pro. The enrollment was done by it. I wonder if the Powermax Pro is able to receive commands both from the PowerLink2 and from the RS232 port.
The acknowledge is done by the PowerLink2. Maybe, I should perform it also from the RS232 port.

I tried before to start a communication without the Powerlink2, but without any success. I didn't find any enrollment function in my installer menu and the only thing I did receive was 0xA5 0x00 0x01 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x43.

But, if I can keep the Powerlink2 installed, it's better for me.

Thank you for your help,
Best regards,
Laurent
uAlex73

Post by uAlex73 »

@lmaurice:

I am sure if it is possible to have both the PowerLink2 module and RS232 communication (i only have RS232).

Do you acknowledge the "0xAB 0x03 ..." (=keep-alive) etc message, if you don't and the PowerMax does NOT go in an error mode, then the PowerLink2 is still active. If i don't acknowledge the keep-alive, the unit goes into an error mode and starts beeping. Also the keep-alive messages will stop after a while.

Please also check the following code as example with communicating with the PowerMax/Master:
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_visonic- ... wser/trunk
http://www.domotiga.nl/projects/domotig ... onic.class
lmaurice
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by lmaurice »

Thank you very much Alex,

The links you provided to me are very rich. Almost every command is described.
The only problem I have to solve now is to be able to send command to my PowermAx Pro.

My assumption is that the panel is able to listen to only one port. And when one is used by the Powerlink2, it should not listen to the RS232 port but just send to this port.

I will try again to work without the Powerlink2.
When I did, I never received any enrollment request from the Panel. (only a 0xA5 0x00 0x01 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x43 when leaving the installer menu). Is there anything to send to the Powermax to force it into enrollment process ? (My Powermax seems to work with a auto enrollment).

Best regards,
Laurent
dad
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by dad »

uAlex73 wrote: Ok - the code seems to have a lot of overhead ;) Not such how you pass the data to the routine ... maybe a string? Seems that to-from byte-hex happens a few times in the code.
Hi UAlex,

Yes it is definitely V0.01 code.

The serial port is monitored by a loop which when it receives a message calls this sub routine and passes a variable containing the received message, which is in ascii string format. So the actual line in the main code is CalcChksum($msg) which actually gets something like CalcChksum(0da50004050400001007000043f2)

Dad
uAlex73

Post by uAlex73 »

I need to check my notes, but i remember that when i send a download request with an invalid pin, the PowerMaster30 responded with the auto-enrollment (set new pin for the PowerLink). After this, the keep-alive started. If your device is in error state, check the CVisonic.class code of DomotiGa, it is there were I (re-)init the link. This isn't always working on VMWare after reboot, so there are possible some timing issue.
uAlex73

Post by uAlex73 »

@All:

Should we split into a different topic and keep this one only for the protocol description and not questions? :-)

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”