Parrot Flower Power plant sensor

Forum to Introduce Home Automation Domotica related hardware here.....
vincenttor

Re: Parrot Flower Power plant sensor

Post by vincenttor »

Thats a shame bert could not get it working, would have been a nice addition as im not a guy for plants.
I do tend to forget to water them (allot) haha.
well hopefully something else does come on the market and could be read out with an RFXcom or similar
Post-IT

Post by Post-IT »

vincenttor wrote:Thats a shame bert could not get it working, would have been a nice addition as im not a guy for plants.
Same here, for now I use Seramis which gives me a buffer of several weeks in most cases.

As BT4.0 sensor devices are beginning to pick up public interest, it wouldn't surprise me if we will see some affordable competition in the near future. This year CES was all about watches and other gadgets for humans and animals. Next year plants?
Bastiaan

Post by Bastiaan »

For years I have already automated my plant watering. Nothing new there. I am using a Gardena sensor with a Visonic switch, RFXCOM receiver and a RAN8X10 to control some valves.
There is already a thread about it.

What will make a difference is that it will be much easier to readout values. Easier to see 'trends' and anticipate with watering. Cheaper devices will also make it easier to divide the measuring over more plants etc. Bluetooth will not do it for me, (large garden).
nawikre

Post by nawikre »

As i also do not have 'green fingers' can you please point out the discussion about this Gardena sensor with Visonic switch?

Thanks,

Iwan
greetz,

Iwan
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Search for Gardena.
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

Digit wrote:Search for Gardena.
Is that possible here? :shock:
Bram
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

The same tip for you too then: try it before asking someone else to do it for you :lol:
bengt
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by bengt »

vincenttor wrote:Thats a shame bert could not get it working, would have been a nice addition as im not a guy for plants.
well hopefully something else does come on the market and could be read out with an RFXcom or similar
I would really like to realize this plant watering time notification project. I'm an expert on killing plants, and perhaps I should move only to cactus growing... But with some nice sensor, which connected via my RFXtrx433 to Domoticz could generate a notification which is sent to my phone whenever the plants need watering, I might not have to.

So apparently the nice list of devices mentioned previously in this thread can't be used because of modulation issues. But surely there must be some other way of doing this? I read some threads about Arduino's and soil moisture sensors (such as http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?Sea ... 0509142434), but I didn't figure out how to get the data to the RFXtrx... An off the shelf 433 sensor would of course be much easier.

There must be some simple way of doing this?

Return to “Announcements & News Forum”