Fibaro dimmer trouble

Forum all about Z-Wave Fibaro
AshaiRey

Fibaro dimmer trouble

Post by AshaiRey »

I've assembled a Fibaro dimmer behind a wall switch and added it to my HSPro3 system (2.5.0.81)
When i look at the devices page i only see one device added with an ON and OFF button and a box for a dim value. I can control the dimmer via HS without any problem but controlling the dimmer via the switch is really hard. When i turn it on it won't alway goes on and if i turn it off then the light got bright. If i flip the switch again the light dims but won't go off. It stays on at about 5% i guess. Just flipping the switch position several times and then i manage to get the light off. Anyone else had this?
Bram
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Fibaro dimmer trouble

Post by Phaeton »

Hi Ashairey,

For the dimmer I'd use a (sorry for the english readers) 'maakcontact' paddle. I personaly use this one since I have gira as my excisting paddles. No commercial interest by the way. But I just ordered them there so I found the url in my browser history.

If you use the excisting on/off paddle it is possible to dim with some combinations of toggles on the paddle of the switch, but the WAF and (MAF - My Acceptance factor) was very low. I experienced the same as you do now. Almost not usable and very frustrating.

does this help you? If you already use a 'maakcontact' than I think you module is faulty.
groeten,
Harry
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

Hi Phaeton,

Oke i get it. I use a toggle switch for this but you say that a momentary switch is more suitable for this situation.
I'll will see if i can find a switch that will fit in designwise and try that one.

Thx again.
Bram
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

Your welcome. yes, momentary. That was the word I was looking for ;-)
groeten,
Harry
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I`m using a dual pulse switch from Bush Jaeger

https://www.klusspullen.nl/a/227326/sch ... kcontacten

One button is for on and one button is for off. When i keep the button pressed for x seconds it starts dimming higher (on button) of lower (off button)
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

Hi,
I hope anyone can help me. I control the dimmer with just one momentary switch so pushin the button makes contact and releasing it will break te conact. According the manual pressing once will turn the light on at the last preset value and pressing it again will turn it off. Now turn in it on will work but when turning off the light the lamps doesn't turn off 0% but keeps glowing a bit at about 2% or so. I've tried various setting but i can't figure out what to do. Any thoughts?
Bram
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

There is a minimal dim level in one of the Z-Wave options maybe it is configured on 2% (default?)

Also the type of switch is configurable i have to set this option to 2 because is use a rollerblind switch to control the dimmer (momentary pres 2x)

https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&source=w ... _RZFUqJxqw
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

raymonvdm wrote:There is a minimal dim level in one of the Z-Wave options maybe it is configured on 2% (default?)

Also the type of switch is configurable i have to set this option to 2 because is use a rollerblind switch to control the dimmer (momentary pres 2x)

https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&source=w ... _RZFUqJxqw
Thx for the info.
I have the original manual still here :)
The min. dim level can be 1-98 and default is 2. However setting it to 0 (i know it's out of range) won't work also.
For the type of switch i have it set to 0 (default) because i have a monentairy switch (1x maak)
Bram
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Note that off on the dimmer is never off. My "PostcodeLotterij" led bulbs always beep on 50Hz when the dimmer is off :roll: And when u touch the wires with the dimmer of it tingles :twisted:
mhn

Post by mhn »

I seem to remember having trouble turning off a dimmer, which was fixed by setting the switch setting right. (momentary/something.)

But it was a long time ago. :-)

Regards
Morten
Irritanterik

Post by Irritanterik »

AshaiRey wrote:Hi,
I hope anyone can help me. I control the dimmer with just one momentary switch so pushin the button makes contact and releasing it will break te conact. According the manual pressing once will turn the light on at the last preset value and pressing it again will turn it off. Now turn in it on will work but when turning off the light the lamps doesn't turn off 0% but keeps glowing a bit at about 2% or so. I've tried various setting but i can't figure out what to do. Any thoughts?
What kind of bulb are you using? And have you wired the dimmer module with a 2 or 3-wire connection?
HP t5630w with Homeseer 2 > Will migrate to Homey | RFXLAN | IRTrans | Opentherm Gateway | ITHO ECO-FAN integration | Harrison Curtain | Z-wave
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

This issue is solved.
I used a pulseswitch that i wired the wrong way. Instead of making contact when pushed it was wired to break the contact when pushed :(
Bram

Return to “Fibaro”