First Robot Camera That Tracks Intruders! (Kickstarter)

On this Forum we can discuss interesting Kickstarter like smartthings and gadgets
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: First Robot Camera That Tracks Intruders! (Kickstarter)

Post by Phaeton »

Update, i wasnt the only one who found the answer unclear:

---
@Jacob Hanks 
256-bit encryption is useless if someone manages to get the password on your google account and be able to access everything there. My concern is that my PRIVATE videos are out there in the cloud. Please clarify if iCamPro can be accessed directly from a pc connected to the LAN only WITHOUT an internet connection? i.e. pc -> iCamPro instead of pc -> Internet/Google/WebRTC -> iCamPro

@Jacob Hanks 
If iCamPro depends only upon Google WebRTC for access, what happens if you or Google decide to no longer provide WebRTC in a few years? Will the iCamPro be useless then?
----
Answer:
----
@greg, at the moment, your only streaming option is webrtc, however we have our own backup server in place if the service is temporarily unavailable.
----

It looks like they don't want to admit you cannot reach it directly. But if I read the answer I still conclude that it's impossible.
groeten,
Harry
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

im also still doubting what is possible
not sure how the google protocol works and if it needs to go by google servers or directly from cam to browser?
connecting via local wifi to the cam is possible according answer, but without internet you dont have any camera image if you need to google servers?
but for this low amount im willing to try the cam as gadget :)
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

Maybe wireshark can give an answer or similar software.
jeroen_

Post by jeroen_ »

Looks like a cool toy; indeed the likely 'needs external services' portion is a weird thing.

Was traveling for a bit, otherwise would likely still have funded it though. But lets see what rolls out of this in the end.

Return to “Kickstarter, Indiegogo and other crowdfunding related smartthings”