plugwise design, but through wifi PlugAway

On this Forum we can discuss interesting Kickstarter like smartthings and gadgets
nawikre

Re: plugwise design, but through wifi PlugAway

Post by nawikre »

Na lang wachten en mailen van mijn kant uit naar de fabriek zijn er heel veel veranderingen. John is aan de kant geschoven uit het bedrijf. Reden is dat de directeur van het bedrijf veel dingen tegelijk wil doen en John heel resoluut was en zei dat het bedrijf zich nu puur bezig moet houden met de plugaway. De mening van John werd niet gerespecteerd en is dus eruit gewerkt. Omdat de kickstarter actie op naam van John is gevoerd (omdat hij de enige was die goed engels kon) blijft hij er voor vechten om de pledgers hun goederen te laten ontvangen. Ik zal binnenkort email contact opnemen met de directeur met de vragen hoe hij de verkoop wil aanpakken binnen Europa, aangezien dit voor mijn rekening zou komen.

Wanneer er meer bekend is komt dat hier te staan......Ik weet dat de productie al wel is begonnen. Ik zou de eerste prototypes krijgen, maar door een fout van de mallenmaker zijn de verkeerde tekeningen gebruikt voor de eerste prototype. Dit heeft weer geresulteerd in verkeerde (oude ontwerpen) pluggen. Hun besluit was om dan maar gelijk de juiste tekeningen te pakken en te beginnen met productie.
greetz,

Iwan
dad
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by dad »

Hi,

What a tragedy that this is hidden away in the smart metering forum - I only stumbled on it by accident.

I have been wavering about committing to plugwise because I simply do not like either the structure of their software or their licencing terms. This seems to be just what I wanted.

I agree with the other posters it is essential that there is no requirement to use the cloud. I have a couple of queries and as the funding on kickstarter is closed it is not possible to ask there. I would be grateful if someone could get / give an answer:

1. Will it be possible to reset the IP address/Netmask of each plug?

2. What encryption will the plug support and will you be able top set/change your own key?

TIA

Dad
vanisher

Post by vanisher »

Any status update? It's waaaay to quiet :(
nawikre

Post by nawikre »

there are updates....Production is complete, beta testing of the softwre is on the go....i have tested the first version....maybe more here did...

I am now waiting for the shedule of the end production and delivery.
greetz,

Iwan
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

@vanisher: Follow the Kickstarter, which is the primary source for info on status; this forum isn't.
vanisher

Post by vanisher »

Thx! I didn't got any kickstarter updates anymore.
yjb

Post by yjb »

Some money went down the drain (as well as a promising project):
Important announcement to Plugaway backers

Dear Backers,
In January we shared that our factory was awaiting an audit from the certification authorities and that we would provide an update when more information was made available. We are writing today to provide confirmation on Plugaway’s project status.

DECISION TO CANCEL PROJECT

It is with regret that we write to you today to announce the cancellation of the Plugaway Project. The primary reason behind this is because we have now fully exhausted all available funds. And whilst we ourselves are willing to invest 100,000AUD to finalize the project, this is still short of what is required to complete the project.
Last edited by yjb on Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

en de mensen die geïnvesteerd hebben zijn hun centen dus kwijt ?
Akatar

Post by Akatar »

waarschijnlijk wel?

maar goed, de originele "starters" hebben vast het geld "goed" besteed
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Yeah a lot of people are really pissed.

About refunds, the last update says:
Refund requests acknowledged and promised as at 14th Feb will be finalized
I requested a refund on the 14th of January but haven't heard anything yet ... :evil:
wwolkers

Post by wwolkers »

shipping costs should be refunded, since they 'should' not be allowed to use those.
Also, they are currently not following Kickstarter rules, as per rules they need to pay out the remaining money equally amongst all users who did not receive anything yet.

But still, lots of money gone, too bad :(
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

it was expected, they messed up bigtime, also a lot of internal arguments in this kickstarter project
btw: i got a refund last week via Paypal
vanisher

Post by vanisher »

tsk.. asked for a refund on the 20th..

fuckers...
nawikre

Post by nawikre »

As i am one of the investors on the LED light part, i also am fucked....

This is purely a issue of mismanagement. They Fired John a little year ago...since then the focus of the director was to many things, but eventually not the correct focus. I even had to hear this News from John who still monitors the progress on this project.

As the status now on what i know is that there will be NO refunds, also no shipping costs etc. Only refund request till a certain date will get some money.

I lost a lot of money on this project....more then many backers.....it is very pitty...now i have to start all over as the intention was to implement the enery measuring hardware into my led lights...small AND big lights. Now i also have nothing...i have a couple of prototypes here without the code of the pic.

sorry guys......

Iwan
greetz,

Iwan

Return to “Kickstarter, Indiegogo and other crowdfunding related smartthings”