How to restore backup

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
raymonvdm

How to restore backup

Post by raymonvdm »

I have moved my HS2 installation to another machine and the HS2 backup restored without issues. Now i would like to restore the "Plugwise Source" backup but i cannot find the menu item to restore a backup

The FAQ tells me

Code: Select all

How do I make a backup of my settings, switching schedules and measurement data?
Go to Settings – Back up to back up your usage measurements, switching schedules and
settings. Besides for safety issues, making a backup can be useful if you want to install
Source on another computer.
Making a backup
Start the Back Up Wizard by clicking ‘Settings’ and then ‘Back up’.
Choose ‘Back up’
Select a location for your back-up file.
If you want, you can enter a different file name.
Click ‘Save’.
The progress is shown in the Back Up Wizard’s brown bar. When the backup is finished,
you will be notified. Restoring a backup
Start the Back Up Wizard by clicking ‘Settings’ and then ‘Back up’.
Choose ‘Restore backup’.
Find the location of your back-up file, select it.
Click ‘Open’.
When the back up data has been added to Source, you will be notified.
Tip: never use more than one Source installation to make changes to switching schedules, groups and settings.

But the option is not there in Source 2.24 the backup is made with 2.23, and when i double click the backup file it opens fine but in read only modues :twisted:
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
raymonvdm

Re: How to restore backup

Post by raymonvdm »

Nevermind just found "PlugwiseBackup.exe" and the backup is restored now
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
nico_gh2

Post by nico_gh2 »

It's indeed weird that you have to use a separate program to restore backups, you can find in in the Plugwise program group.
I searched for the same thing last weekend and it's mentioned somewhere on this board.

Are the backups generated by the separate program and the backup button in source the same or are things missing from the source backup?
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

All settings seem to be restored fine

Return to “Plugwise Forum”