Crazy give-away contest

Forum about all other NON Home automation stuff can be placed here....
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Crazy give-away contest

Post by Digit »

Time for something crazy ... :lol:

This evening I looked at the desk on my right side where all the soldering, experimenting, testing etc. normally takes place and thought: "I'm very good at making a mess in just a few hours..." so I took a picture of it. And on another desk which is not in the picture I have a variety of Home Automation related hardware and I don't know what to do with it ... selling could be an option or just give it away and make someone happy.

And now comes the crazy part... for some odd reason I came up with the idea to give away an item from that desk full of unused HA related hardware to the person that can tell what all those items in the picture posted below are! So send me a list of everything you can recognize in the picture and get a chance to win an item from that desk with HA hardware I don't use... simple as that!

Rules of this game/contest:
- It's a one-time shot, so only your 1st list of items you recognize/give a name will count;
- Red and orange colored jumper wires count as a single item ("jumper wires"), but being able to specify the model of both multi-meters will count as 2. Mentioning all the resistor values shown in the picture won't help either - count will be 1 ("resistors").

So it's actually a contest to see who can recognize the largest amount of things - are you up to it ??? :wink:

Just send me the list if items you recognize; either by PM or to crazycontest at [domain in my signature] and I'll post a daily update on this topic until I don't get new contributions for a week... cause that's when the contest is over. In the topic updates I will only list the number of items which could be named, not what of course.

So who's going to be the winner ??? :D
This picture hasn't been "orchestrated" in any way, it's random - it's just what was there this evening, next week it'll look completely different 8)

OK then, one hint: it might help if you've read my blog from time to time - I can't help if you didn't :lol:
DSC_0750.JPG
DSC_0750.JPG (5.83 MiB) Viewed 13384 times
123unlock

Re: Crazy give-away contest

Post by 123unlock »

Nice contest.. lets give it a try :)
Xtrusion Digital Home Automation Project
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Thanks for the PMs I received, some have really done a great job and even recognized things I'd have never expected :!:

The game is still on BTW, here are some of the items I have in mind for the winner(s?):

Dual port Lava Ether-Serial Link, Fritz! WLAN repeater, a working OTGW model 1, Brilldea LED Painter II-8, Iteaduino Plus, Simplecortexes, Arduino MEGA, Arduino TFT Touch shield, Ethernet Shield, LCD, FEZ Panda, ... and more, cause I haven't even been in the garage yet! :wink:
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Contest is closed! (already since yesterday)

And the winners and their scores are:

1. ThinkPad, 38 items (amazing!!);
2. 123unlock, 26 items;
3. Akatar, 18 items.

Congratulations guys, great job!! 8)

Now the 3 winners can choose whatever they like most out of a list of 22 items I made; the results will be published here too, once they've all chosen their reward :)
Akatar

Post by Akatar »

l love being a winner :)
ThinkPad

Post by ThinkPad »

Congratulations 123unlock and Akatar :) I think i can conclude for myself i don't need any glasses yet ;)
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

No no, this is not the picture for the next contest ... although my wife wouldn't mind that :shock:
This is my toy for this summer, after 4 years of no driving 8)
Transalp as new again.jpg
Transalp as new again.jpg (187.18 KiB) Viewed 12629 times
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Ja later, als de Zano binnen is he :wink:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYMxnYzPieo , zie 01:00 en verder 8)

Return to “Off Topic”