Fibaro rgb module with homeseer?

Forum all about Z-Wave Fibaro
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Fibaro rgb module with homeseer?

Post by bartbakels »

Dear all,

Anyone tried the new fibaro rgb module especially in combination with homeseer? Or any other comments on this unit. It looks very promising to me. But i doubt if it works in homeseer 2.

Regards

Bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
airox

Re: Fibaro rgb module with homeseer?

Post by airox »

I don't use Homeseer. Am also eagerly expecting this module. Judging by the manual it is capable of mimicking itself as a dimmer with multiple channels. This would make it simple to integrate with current Z-wave libraries I guess. Unfortunately in the "normal" way it is using a color control set Z-wave command class. I haven't seen this on any other z-wave device so far. So I *guess* Homeseer would need an update for this. And also I would need to get information from somewhere how to implement this in my own z-wave library...

Still... the hardware itself is pretty impressive. All crammed in a small module! Fibaro home center suddenly became a lot more interesting! :-)
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Dear all,

The module (fibaro rgbw) works great with homeseer. It created for dimmer devices to control the colour channels a main controller and 3 powermeter devices. Great News..

I just bought one for testing amd this is the conclusion ;)
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
airox

Post by airox »

Can you also go to a certain color without adjusting each of the channels?
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

No, not with homeseer. I think you need scripting. In addition there are builtin modes such aa colorfade however this is a parameter and not accessible by scripts. Maybe someone else have an solution.

Regards bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
airox

Post by airox »

Bart,

Is there some option to show some z-wave "on-the-wire" logging? I am curious how Homeseer is sending a specific channel change (R or G or B) to this device. Got one also and it only seems to respond to SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_CHANGE and BASIC_SET but only for all the channels (so I can only dim white light on an RGB strip). If you have some raw debug logging this would be fine. I can integrate this in my driver / maybe open-zwave driver.

Especially interested if it's using the COLOR_CONTROL_SET ...
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Airox,

This kind of logging can be enabled in the homeseer ini. Dont know the exact entry but if u google it you will find it. I can remeber I used this before.

regards

Bart Bakels

(ON ESXI )on NUC
airox

Post by airox »

Bart,

The problem is... I don't have Homeseer :-)
I'm just interested in a piece of logging to see which bytes get send when you turn on a channel (for example red). I can reverse engineer this to get a hang of how the module works and implement this on the open-zwave driver.

Greetings,

Gijs
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Did anyone ever managed to use the "fireplace, storm, rainbow, police lights" ?

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php? ... #msg125234
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Hi,

Yes i managed to implement this in HS3, by a script, and since the newest zwave plugin via events (set configuration parameter).

parameter 72 to value X (programma)

I use this for alarm tripping (police program) ;)

Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

bartbakels wrote:Hi,

Yes i managed to implement this in HS3, by a script, and since the newest zwave plugin via events (set configuration parameter).

parameter 72 to value X (programma)

I use this for alarm tripping (police program) ;)

Bart
Would you mind sharing the script ? so i can see what values is can use and to set the values :D
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

You dont need the script , its a zwave action in the events now.

Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

bartbakels wrote:You dont need the script , its a zwave action in the events now.

Bart
Aha, but where can i find the values i did not find them in the manual of the RGBW module
Chiel

Post by Chiel »

Values 1-10.

6= fire-like light
7= kind of lightning, random white flashes and then slowly dimming blue light
8= rainbow with bright colors
9= rainbow with softer colors
10= rapid flashing red/blue/white

I only have an rgb strip attached to it, play with the values.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (70.97 KiB) Viewed 15159 times

Return to “Fibaro”