How to stop led bulbs from flickering using KiKa switch

Forum about LEDS, LED lights, DMX and other lights.

Moderator: Mversluis

mrqnapper

How to stop led bulbs from flickering using KiKa switch

Post by mrqnapper »

I have a build in dim-able KIKA wall switch. I replaced the normal light bulbs with some new white dim-able led bulbs. 9,5 W (3x). Dimming is fine and also when fully on no problem. But when switching of the lights start to flicker for a while and then to of them are of and one of the bulbs remains on giving some light. Also tried with two or one and the result stays the same.
Is there a know solution to solve this behaviour? The flickering is not that big of a problem but the light remaining on after switching of is not what I prefer! I do not have any space in the wall-box and only two wires for switching the light-bulbs. Any solution would be welcome.

Wiechert.
Fantic

Re: How to stop led bulbs from flickering using KiKa switch

Post by Fantic »

Turn the plug in the kaku switch around., or turn the KAKU switch around so that the 2 connector pin's are swapped.
The reason for this is that you have a small Earth leak that will keep the light flawly emitting light, as the unswitched wire is the one connected to the phase wire.
The Kaku only switches 1 of the 2 wires.
Regards, Maarten.
Never let a computer know you're in a hurry.
mrqnapper

Post by mrqnapper »

Thanks for the advise. Will try that a.s.p. Might this also work changing the wires connected to the light(point) itself? The ones coming out of the ceiling?
Fantic

Post by Fantic »

I think the problem is at the side of the switch itself, the input wires of that switch need to be swapped.
Regards, Maarten.
Never let a computer know you're in a hurry.
mrqnapper

Post by mrqnapper »

So today I changed the wires. And guess what? Still the same behaviour :) Now I am no electrician, but the wall-switch itself used to be a double switch, switching to different light-points. I left out one (black) wire and only use the one from the one light-point needed. Could this cause the problem?

Return to “LEDS, DMX & Lights Forum”