Connecting Klik aan Klik uit to powermax

Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

amu0373
Starting Member
Starting Member

Connecting Klik aan Klik uit to powermax

Post by amu0373 »

Hi, I have a couple of D-Link IP cams. I don’t want them enabled when at home so they are on KAKU (Klik Aan Klik Uit) switches. I manually turn the cameras on/off using the KAKU remote when I leave or arrive at home.
I would like have the cameras automatically switched on/off on a PowerMax arm/disarm event.

Any ideas on the cheapest solution?

I tried to find some information on how to wire my KAKU remote to either the X10 of RS232 port.
I do not have either X10 module nor RS232 cable.

Thanks for your thoughts, Alex.
uAlex73

Re: Connecting Klik aan Klik uit to powermax

Post by uAlex73 »

I checked the manuals (https://www.visonic.com/Data/Uploads/Po ... 302542.pdf), but it doesn't seem to be possible to switch on arm/disarm mode.

So you need to connect your powermax to a home automation system, and use that to switch the KlikAanKlikOut. I only know Vera/PowerMax plugin can directly switch X-10 and DomotiGa (via RFXCom) can support it (maybe Domoticz - but i don't use it)
DomotiGa / Z-Wave / RFXCom / Visonic PowerMaster / Home Assistant / Zigbee2MQTT / DSMR Reader / Toon1 (rooted)
mlstolk
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Connecting Klik aan Klik uit to powermax

Post by mlstolk »

If you have the I/O expansion option installed, there is a simple programmable low-current PGM (I believe @12v) output, which you can use to trigger the kaku transmission with some simple schematic or microcontroller.

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”