Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

johnz

Re: Visonic (Powermax) LV Interface application

Post by johnz »

bartbakels wrote: Possibilities:
- send HTTP Get commands to the Visonicdriver to ARM/disarm/X10 etc
- create a Status HTML Page
- Request an JSON response with panel state

Is this something you guys want? Do we still need the UDP interface as well?
Status HTML Page sounds great.
HTTP Get sounds also good (would mean that the IP / serial plugin is not needed for this, and loosing unnecessary extra steps seems like a nice principle). But like Phaeton I wonder about the security aspect.

Regards,
John
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

johnz wrote:
bartbakels wrote: Possibilities:
- send HTTP Get commands to the Visonicdriver to ARM/disarm/X10 etc
- create a Status HTML Page
- Request an JSON response with panel state

Is this something you guys want? Do we still need the UDP interface as well?
Status HTML Page sounds great.
HTTP Get sounds also good (would mean that the IP / serial plugin is not needed for this, and loosing unnecessary extra steps seems like a nice principle). But like Phaeton I wonder about the security aspect.

Regards,
John

Yes, the security and the Overhead created by an extra webserver...

I found out that the labview webserver can not have standard http userauthentication, so you have to use your firewall for security. I am still testing some posibilities.
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Hi,

I have a release almost ready with a webserver wich can me enabled or disabled, Also the UDP server can be disabled in that build

it works like this for triggering actions (disarm, arm ect)

For now its working fine, and no significant overhead.

Port number can be configured in a settingsfile if needed, and security besides the security postamble (string) can be arranged with the windows or network firewalls.

Probably have a new build ready this weekend

Bart
Last edited by bartbakels on Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

Cool!
groeten,
Harry
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: VIsonic (Powermax) LV Interface application

Post by bartbakels »

Edwin2008 wrote:If I get it right it also works with hs2?
Is the sum button on remote also supported?
How can I donate to the project?
Edwin,

with the new version that I will release soon, you can interface also with HS2 via tenserver or textseer plugin.those plugins accept http calls to HS2 for device status updates in HS2.

From HS2 its possible to send http calls to arm and disarm etc.

Donating can be done via the settings/registration page :)

regards

Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

I got an idea for a feature. I dont know how you implemented sending http requests for status changes, so it could be my idea is already implemented.

I noticed in my old solution that homeseer didn't always got the get request. Sometimes because homeseer was down when the alarm changed, sometimes because the http request wasn't accepted. Therefore I created a heartbeat. This heartbeat sends the status every x minutes to homeseer so when an update is missed homeseer can catch up. I created a more advanced heartbeat which checked status homeseer vs alarm. It updated when needed. But a simple heartbeat should work as well.
groeten,
Harry
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Phaeton wrote:I got an idea for a feature. I dont know how you implemented sending http requests for status changes, so it could be my idea is already implemented.

I noticed in my old solution that homeseer didn't always got the get request. Sometimes because homeseer was down when the alarm changed, sometimes because the http request wasn't accepted. Therefore I created a heartbeat. This heartbeat sends the status every x minutes to homeseer so when an update is missed homeseer can catch up. I created a more advanced heartbeat which checked status homeseer vs alarm. It updated when needed. But a simple heartbeat should work as well.
Phaeton, Can you please elaborate? Do you want to send the whole panel en zone states and a predined interval via HTTP Calls?

IN addition i released a new version with the built in webserver. You need to enable it in the settings. Instructions can be found in the settings tab and the Partial Manual :oops:

v1.0.3 BETA Release With Build IN Webserver Installer Location V1.0.3

regards

Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

bartbakels wrote:
Phaeton wrote:
Phaeton, Can you please elaborate? Do you want to send the whole panel en zone states and a predined interval via HTTP Calls?
Yes, for me the alarmpanel is most important. Since i use its state for a lot of events that need to trigger. I dont want to miss any events from triggering because the panel state is not being set in hs3. I dont know why, but sometimes i miss http requests from comming in. But other situations are also possible: alarm changes when homeseer was offline/stuck.

Zones are less important for me since i dont use them for events.
groeten,
Harry
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

This can be done quite easily, i will put it in the next release. Btw tested the new version already?

(ON ESXI )on NUC
Edwin2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Edwin2008 »

Thanks Bart. Donation no problem but at this moment I have no idea how to start end get this working :(
Guess I will have to do some reading catch up and need time to do so.
** edwin **
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

bartbakels wrote:This can be done quite easily, i will put it in the next release. Btw tested the new version already?
Yes, installed it an hour ago. Cannot reach webserver, but I asume that might be an issue with the firewall. I'll check later today.
groeten,
Harry
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Phaeton wrote:
bartbakels wrote:This can be done quite easily, i will put it in the next release. Btw tested the new version already?
Yes, installed it an hour ago. Cannot reach webserver, but I asume that might be an issue with the firewall. I'll check later today.
Pheaton keep in mind,

- The application path changed to "program files\visonicdriver" instead of "program files\visonic"
- The webserver need to be enabled after installation in the settings
- server port is standard 3011
- check the URL format, to test try: http://[IP]:3011/VisonicDriver/xmlget?[Security string]
- start testing locally
Last edited by bartbakels on Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

(ON ESXI )on NUC
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Edwin2008 wrote:Thanks Bart. Donation no problem but at this moment I have no idea how to start end get this working :(
Guess I will have to do some reading catch up and need time to do so.
Edwin,

if you have any questions please contact me. The way to go is using the http Calls to HS2 and from HS2 to the application. I presume you already have a connection to the panel via RS-232?

Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
johnz

Post by johnz »

Hi Bart,

Thanks for the new version!

With 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 I experience the following: when starting the application the connection to the Powermax is not made. The main screen does not show system status etc. but only the " ------ "

I also get some error messages (LabView error 60)

The connection is only made if I open the settings screen or the control screen (and then it maintains the connection even if I close these screens).

Any idea what could be causing this?

BTW, the keyfob events are working great, thanks for adding it. One limitation (but that is a Powermax limitation I think): the keyfobs only show up in the event log when they actually change the panel state, and not when eg. disarm is pressed while the panel is already disarmed.

Nevertheless, I have been able to shut down my HS2 box this weekend. Thanks for this!

Regards,
John
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Johnz,

The connection should be there, but it only starts updating when the panel or zones change. However the error is strange, can you post or send me the errorlog file? This sounds like to UDP port u are using is already taken, try disabling the UDP server.

But in the new version, I want to send the status request to the panel on a predefined interval, which solves this issue (watchdog request from Pheaton).

regarding the keyfob, you are right.

(ON ESXI )on NUC

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”