Re: Visonic Powermax Interface (Windows) application

Post by bartbakels »

I updated the first post with a new version

v1.0.5 BETA Release With Build IN Webserver Installer Location V1.0.5

Changes

- Send E-mails on Panel and or Zone Changes
- Download Get Zone names and types from panel
- Arm/disarm from Controlpanel directly
- Password protect control and settings page (optional)
- Minimize to system tray (optional even on startup)
- Popup system tray baloons with panel and zone status changes
- Installer fixes
- bugfixes
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
janssuuh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by janssuuh »

Hi Bart,

I own a Powermax + with GSM module.
I've been reading on the PowerLink 'emulation' topics around the Visonic domoticaforum.

Tried to connect with Raspberry PI and Serial USB stick (FTD chip) and achieved to send some messages and to receive some (no real communication yet).

After this little test I found your application. At this point, I see the TX Led on the Serial port blinking when the tool is sending requests.
It just seems like my Powermax does not respond:

(There's a green RX Led on the port for visualizing reaction)

I've been trying to perform these actions when it is 'searching' Powerlink, but nothing seems to get 'm hooked up.
Now I'm not sure whether I missed something on these PIN-code / Download-code settings. I've changes te pin / cleared it and Download-code stated to default 'AAAA'.

Btw, when I call a python read-script, I do see the PowerMaster sending this enrollment code (like; 0xAB 0x0A 0x00 0x01 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x43) as described in Rene's protocol description.

You think there's anything I could try more to debug somehow?

Thanks in advance / kind regards,
Jeroen Janssen
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

janssuuh wrote:Hi Bart,

I own a Powermax + with GSM module.
I've been reading on the PowerLink 'emulation' topics around the Visonic domoticaforum.

Tried to connect with Raspberry PI and Serial USB stick (FTD chip) and achieved to send some messages and to receive some (no real communication yet).

After this little test I found your application. At this point, I see the TX Led on the Serial port blinking when the tool is sending requests.
It just seems like my Powermax does not respond:

(There's a green RX Led on the port for visualizing reaction)

I've been trying to perform these actions when it is 'searching' Powerlink, but nothing seems to get 'm hooked up.
Now I'm not sure whether I missed something on these PIN-code / Download-code settings. I've changes te pin / cleared it and Download-code stated to default 'AAAA'.

Btw, when I call a python read-script, I do see the PowerMaster sending this enrollment code (like; 0xAB 0x0A 0x00 0x01 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x43) as described in Rene's protocol description.

You think there's anything I could try more to debug somehow?

Thanks in advance / kind regards,
Jeroen Janssen

Jeroen,

Some general comments:

- I am not really sure but I dont think you need to enroll a virtual powerlink. The software acts as the visonic programming software.
- are you in the installer menu or any menu at all in the powermax when you try to use the application? You dont have to, just get back to the idle screen of your panel when starting the application.
- are you using the same cable for the RPI and the connection to the windows machine, because it sounds like a communication error.
- Check the correct COM port
- Pincode is only used for arming/disarming commands
- downloadcode is only needed for getting panel setup
- in the control panel you can check the send commands and the recieved commands by selecting the eventlogdrop down and select DAQ log.
- check also the errorlog in the same way.
- I heard about communication locking which can be resolved by using the visonic powermax programming tool, which can be carrying out a quick google search.

Please keep me posted if you can not get this to work, i can assist. However i do not use a powermax + but this also should work.

regards

Bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Jeroen what you can try;

select the DAQ log and try to enroll the powerlink via the panel. Wait on the 0xAB 0x0A 0x00 0x01 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x43) from the panel and select from the Commands tab ENROLL and press Send. If this works, please let me know and i will implement that this will be send upon enrolling from the panel have been send to the PC

(ON ESXI )on NUC
janssuuh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by janssuuh »

Hi Bart,
Thanks for replying!
I somehow didn't received email-update on your comment.
I tried connecting during 'enrollment PL' (menu item 7 in admin mode PM), also in none admin / regular state. Did not notice any difference sofar.

COM port seems to be correct (virtual COM3, selected in 'Hardwarelist' and in your Interface), but I'll try connect Windows 10 laptop with usb FTD port to raspberry /ttyAMA0 port. My guess is I'd see your interface trying to connect.

The DAQ log (and ERROR log) was empty when I watched it last monday. I'll give it another try tonight.

Thanks again,
I'll get back to you with results of these testcases.
janssuuh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by janssuuh »

Hi Bart,

I connected Raspberry (/ttyAMA0) to Windows Usb FTD and send some of your messages from the command window.
These messages I could read in my Python raspberry 'read' script. Test passed, COM port / Laptop connection seem to work decent!

The DAQ Log by the way does not show anything. The errorlog provides some content:

I also tried to expand my Python scripts a bit, which will show me what's happening and if desired messages could be auto-replied (like the enrollment message).
I don't get any reply from the PowerMax Plus (datetime / request_status_update / re_enrolling / get_version_info). Only when I enter 'Installation mode', try to enroll the PowerLink and reply with the 'enroll_reply' message, I seem to trigger something, because it returns the next message for like 10 times:

(I reply on all messages with the 'acknowledge' message [0x02]

Next step; find out what the interface error-log means?
Thanks in advance
Jeroen
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

ahh,

I did not see the responses on the forum as wlel sorry for that.

But now I see whats the issue. Your com is not opened at all. Check of NI VISA is installed at all . Secondly check if the COMPORT list populates in the settings screen en try running the application with run as admin.

it is an issue with the VISA runtime (used for serial communication in my app), try complete deinstalling and reinstalling as full admin. Other option can be installing another version of the NIVISA Runtime. If you prefer phone support or dutch email. mail me on the email address info at promedes.nl

Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

if above does not work try installing this runtime

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-visa-run- ... 5/5847/en/

(ON ESXI )on NUC
flopp
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by flopp »

bartbakels wrote: v1.0.5 BETA Release With Build IN Webserver Installer Location V1.0.5
The link is not working
RoosterX
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by RoosterX »

Are the links for the sw dead or do I have a problem with my intenet connection? :)
flopp
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by flopp »

Anyone have VisonicDriverInstaller, since this link doesnt work anymore

http://www.promedes.nl/Downloads/Visoni ... V1.0.5.zip
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

hi,

try again, i had an issue with my server yesterday. i just tried the link and it worked.

please let me know

bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
flopp
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by flopp »

It is working again [THUMBS UP SIGN]
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

BTW anyone having issues with my application running on windows 10?

thanks Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
nunoary
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by nunoary »

Hi,
First of all let me thank you for your work on this software. I have a PowerMaster 10 and manage to run this with no problems so far.
BTW it’s run in Windows 10.
I change from Vera to Homeseer, for various reasons. The reason why I didn’t do this change sooner, was for the Visonic alarm. So, this software will resolve that problem, I hope.
bartbakels, I don’t know if it’s possible, but can you give a trial version (for a few days) to test this with more accuracy. The reason why is that when i was with Vera, the Visonic try to call internet every day with a cost of € 1,50/day. I never know why!
Don’t think I can make sure this also doesn’t happen with your software. I think no, but to make sure I have to run it for a couple days with no interruptions. I will understand if this is no possible :)

thanks Nuno

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”