Hs3 UZB stick include relay switch

Forum all about Z-Wave Fibaro
mrqnapper

Hs3 UZB stick include relay switch

Post by mrqnapper »

Hi,

I Am using the UZB-stick for a longer period and it does work very well. Now I need to include a new Fibaro switch to the network and tried to get it recognised by the UZB stick. In Homeseer3, I than choose the Homeseer include button, have the new switch in the activation mode and press the HS3 learn button.... nothing happens. So how to get this new device into Homeseer using the UZB-stick? Is there a better approach or can I get the device in with the use of my old Aon-labs stick?

Wiechert.
Akatar

Re: Hs3 UZB stick include relay switch

Post by Akatar »

i alwayt thought you have to put hs3 in include moden and press (very quickly) 3 times on the fibaro button ( or exclude first to be sure)
mrqnapper

Post by mrqnapper »

Well that's what Id did. But nothing is included. I tried with my old Aeon Stick and it looks like that one is including the switch. So the switch is in the right modes when pairing. Anyone having a solution for this to work with the UZB stick and HS3 (on a RaspberrtPi Linux).

Thanks
mrqnapper

Post by mrqnapper »

Still did not manage to get the uzb-stick pairing with the fibaro switch. Used also the Z+tool on the phone. No, result. Also With the "include button" in the Hs3 Z-wave module, nothing happens. I know there are more people using the uzb-stick here, how are you getting the new devices paired with Hs3?

Is there a way to get the device from my old Aeon-labs stick (which can be used around the house easily) onto my uzb-stick? That would also help.
Or can I use an old laptop running xp, with Hs3 (or Hs2) installed with the UZB-stick inserted, to pair the new device and than take the stick and read into my regular Hs3 machine?

Thanks for your advices :)

W.
Akatar

Post by Akatar »

maybe there is a update for the stick?
mrqnapper

Post by mrqnapper »

Akatar wrote:maybe there is a update for the stick?
might be, but where to find an update and how to perform an update? Will the stick remain the devices (nodes) which are on it when updating?

W.
SteveMSJ
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by SteveMSJ »

I use a UZB stick in HS3 and have never had any problems including new nodes.
It sounds like you already have the device included in another network. Make sure you exclude it first or you won't be able to include it.
Steve
Akatar

Post by Akatar »

good question,
i would test the fibaro with another stick or at someone elses house.
just to make sure the module is functioning
mrqnapper

Post by mrqnapper »

With the help of this topic on the Homeseer Forum I succeeded in updating the stick to the latest firmware.

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.p ... ost1253597

Now lets see if this will bring some improvements. :)
mrqnapper

Post by mrqnapper »

I succeeded to include the switch after updating the UZB stick. For anyone looking for update instructions this is how to get there :) At least, this were the steps that worked for me. But I am sure it will help some of you as well.

1. in Hs3 make a backup of your stick
2. download the http://razberry.zwave.me/z-way-server/ on your desired pc (windows, linux etc).
3. follow the instructions for updating (which are also on the Homeseer forum)

Code: Select all

Using Chrome, logged in using admin/admin
Clicked on the gear icon on the top right hand side and selected Apps.
Selected the Active tab.
Clicked on the gear icon against the Z-Wave Network Access app.
Changed the "Serial port to Z-wave settings" to COMX (on its own where X is your com port number).
Clicked on the gear icon on the top right hand side and selected Devices.
Clicked the Manage with ExpertUI against the Z-Wave entry.
Pressed the Go ahead button.
Selected Network/Controller info from the top menu.
Scrolled down the page and selected firmware update.
Selected bootloader then firmware to 5.4.
Restarted PC and went back to the firmware update page to confirm the upgrade
Than take your stick and plug it in your Hs3 machine again. In the Z-wave-module Choose erase the interface an create a new network! (make sure you have a backup of the stick)
Perform the erasing, have a look at the Z-wave network and Options (I ended up with a few networks which were not needed and I just deleted those as well).

Next, choose restore a network to this interface. And select your backup.
After restoring the network to you stick. Restart the Z-wave module. And scan the stick again.

Now you are ready to go :)

W.
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Which version of z-way-server did you select. Version 2.1.1 or a RC2 ?

My UZB is shown as Version: 3.99 (ZDK 6.51.3) in HomeSeer3. And once in a while i seems to hang up itself, so i upgrade maybe good for me to :D

At first i could only upgrade to version 5.0.2 so i did, and after a reboot i can upgrade to version 5.0.6. But i did not find an changelog anywhere

NOTE: During a firmware upgrade all information on the stick is lost, so you need to make a backup first!! And then restore the backup afterwords

FIXED :-)* However this backup is to no use for me since the restore is not working. It looks fine but the stick is stil configured with a different NetworkID

* Z-Wave 3.0.1.25 upgrade to 3.0.1.83 and now the restore is working.

Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Fibaro”