Visonic Powermax Interface (Windows) application

Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

KhMeRA
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Visonic Powermax Interface (Windows) application

Post by KhMeRA »

Hi all! I am pretty new to Homeseer software, I just have it installed 2 days ago. I am interested in adding my Visonic Powermax alarm system to HS3. I am currently using my Powermax with Veralite via RJ45/RS232 adapter.Does anyone successfully connect Powermax to Homeseer vis RJ45/RS232 adapter? my alarm panel mounted far away from my PC and there is no way for me to run USB cable to RS232 adapter.

Thanks all.
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

KhMeRA wrote:Hi all! I am pretty new to Homeseer software, I just have it installed 2 days ago. I am interested in adding my Visonic Powermax alarm system to HS3. I am currently using my Powermax with Veralite via RJ45/RS232 adapter.Does anyone successfully connect Powermax to Homeseer vis RJ45/RS232 adapter? my alarm panel mounted far away from my PC and there is no way for me to run USB cable to RS232 adapter.

Thanks all.
To interface with homeseer bit also other applications you can use my application. If you used the cableing succesfull before it should work as well for this solution...

Bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
mhn

Post by mhn »

Hi.

I am new to this and unsure which HomeSeer JSON call to write in panel actions. I know what to write to set a virtual device on but what do I write in panel actions to get both on and off?
Klippebord-1.jpg
Klippebord-1.jpg (15.93 KiB) Viewed 15451 times
Regards
Morten
johnz

Post by johnz »

Hi Morten,

This is not about on or off (as for sensors). This controls the virtual device that reflects your panel state. Just create some status values for this virtual device (1 = disarmed, 2 = armed home etc) and then the http call for disarmed is the JSON call you know (value =1), and so on.

Regards,
John
mhn

Post by mhn »

Hi John.

That's another way of thinking. Thanks. :-)

Regards
Morten
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

mhn,

John, beats me to it ;)

Indeed just create a virtual device, with the 5 panel states, and call the corresponding json control string.

regards

Bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
mhn

Post by mhn »

Done that a long time ago. ;-)
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Yeah I noticed, somehow i dont get the forum post notifications anymore :s is it broken again?

Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Hi all,

i released a new version;

v1.2.10 Release EXE ONLY Location V1.2.10 EXE UPDATED

Changes

- panel trouble detection http calls/mails
- bugfixes

regards

Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
mhn

Post by mhn »

It says 1.1.10.144 in the lower right corner?
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

mhn wrote:It says 1.1.10.144 in the lower right corner?
No it should be 1.2.149...

Sorry updated the links...

(ON ESXI )on NUC
mhn

Post by mhn »

1.2.10.149 now. :-)
johnz

Post by johnz »

Thanks Bart,
Added functionality is great!
John
duaneo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by duaneo »

Bart,

I recently bought your software, and it's great! Thanks for your hard work.

I'm running this on a windows 10 machine, HS3 and a PowerMax+. I am able to talk to my panel, and I can send status change events to HS3 with no issue. I'm running your application and HS3 on the same machine, and the firewall is disabled. No antivirus installed.

I am having trouble getting HS3 to send messages to your application. I have both the http and UDP servers enabled, and I can see if I do a netstat -a that the UDP server is listening. Netstat doesn't show anything listening on port 3011. When I try to use a browser to connect to the server on port 3011, I get no response. When I use HS3 to make a UDP call, I HS isn't reporting an error, and I'm getting nothing from your app. Any thoughts on how to further diagnose this? I'm not seeing anything in the error log.

As a side note, I notice that the app doesn't shut down cleanly, and if I minimize it, it hangs. Not super important issues, but maybe part of a larger issue?

I'm running the 2009 version of labview. I tried installing a couple of newer versions of labview, but the installer wasn't happy with them and I eventually found a copy of the 2009 version that the installer was happy with. I was thinking that possibly the version of labview I'm running isn't completely compatible with windows 10?

Anyway, Let me know what you think the next steps should be. :)

Cheers,
Duane
Martin75a
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Martin75a »

Hi,
This looks promising. :)
I was going to try this out with HS3 but have a couple of questions before I start.

I have an old Visonic Alarm with the original Power Link1 module, The one that is connected via the RJ45 output and have a built-in web server.

If I understand things right, this is not working and I need some other kind of bridge between Visonic and the computer.
The problem is that I can't find what components to buy or how to connect it?

Is there anyone who knows where and what to buy to get started? (Preferably Swedish dealers but not necessary)
Pictures/drawing of how to connect it would also be appreciated?

Best Regards
Martin

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”