Chinese Relayboard Determination/Info

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
oarnt
Starting Member
Starting Member

Chinese Relayboard Determination/Info

Post by oarnt »

After many years of occasionally lurking on the forum and renovating my house it was time to do some homeautomation
I fundled around with some X10 units and some KaKu units at home and an Melsec Mitsubishi plc at the office
I like the PLC option best but want a more open control of the controller and I want to localize the Relais Units at 3 or 4 central points in the house
very important to me is implementing one section at a time and independent functioning of the switches (direct connecting to the relais) without an central controlling computer

So I opted for this unit ( not too expensive) which I found at the webshop of our chinese friend Ali 8)

"8 Channel Relay Network IP Relay Web Relay Dual Control Ethernet RJ45 interface"

However no manual included in the box and only info avaiable in modern chinese . Ofcourse I can do as advced by the seller and translate it with google but..
maybe there is already knowlegde, translated manuals and advice on how to use the board on this forum.

Has anyone experience with this board and can anyone point me to a location with more info ?

Oarnt
Jeffrey

Re: Chinese Relayboard Determination/Info

Post by Jeffrey »

Hi Oarnt,

Not to ruin the party, but I just want to give you a warning. I'm a frequent buyer at my Chinese friend Ali and I've learned to stay away from 230 volt equipment. The reason is that (most) of the time they are not safe. I'm talking about the well known usb chargers for phones. They hum, and sometimes you hear them spark. To make a long story short -> The equipment from the far east, ordered directly is not tested and certified. If anything happens (like a fire started from bad solders of faulty parts) and the insurance can backtrack it to non-certified equipment, than the damage is not covered.

If you want to use low-powered stuff, then that's no problem, but if you want to connect/switch 230v equipment, it's better to use the certified Finder relays for example (review Vincentor's topic about his build for more information).
oarnt
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by oarnt »

I see the point about the quality. But the Finder relays mentioned here are the only ones that ever caused me problems before. One of four items was completely burned in a controlunit-project I build a few years ago.
A closeby inspection of the board gave me the impression that it was reasonable well developed. So i take my chances.
Still if I have any doubts about the chinese relais ill replace them by certified ones of an recommended brand
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Well, there goes my Finder plea :-)

Keep us posted, because I am interested in the board.

p.s. Information I found to access the webconsole: http://192.168.1.166 Username: admin Password: 12345678
Dylantje

Post by Dylantje »

Some one have this board working with Http commands???

Now this is a old thread only...:-)

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”