switching all power sockets and lights

Forum about Domotica, home automation and saving energy.
raymonvdm

Re: switching all power sockets and lights

Post by raymonvdm »

wow, nice work!!

p.s. Browser is responding fine :lol:
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
Cybersijp
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Cybersijp »

Hi Vincent ,

With al the troubles and so on , it still looks very good to me. Also i must add that the ceramic tiles look really good. In the years they have seem to manage it quitte well to let it look like wood.

Keep up the good mood ! I'll check evvery once in a while to see how it goes. Always inspiring !
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

nice, project for life :-)
keep it up!
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

Well that is some hard work.
To bad that you have to do all that trouble to prove your right with contractors.
In a side note, I was afraid that I was the only one with such a bad luck but reading yours I am convinced that that there are more 'bad' contractors that good skilled ones.
Bram
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

Been a little while , allot of stuff happened in about 2 years time.
Finally the home automation part is starting to "run" as in lights and events so its really the basics.
But since work and other hobbies and since a bit more then a year that i have a girlfriend again the homeautomation part was a bit on hold.

Thought the bedroom should have a bit of pain on the wall instead of everything being bright white.

Also got an idea to make a "floating" bed

Put some "fake" tiles on the wall, its real black slate and gives a nice effect i must say.

So here is the flying part of the bed

Decided to make a windowsill from scaffolding wood to stay in the same area as where the bed is made from.

still had some work to do for the tiles i had placed on the 1st floor.

Also started on my bathroom on the 1st floor

Put my pellet heater exhaust up :)

And got 2 banana boxes filled with led beams from armalight ;) they wanted to throw them away :D i said throw m to me ...

Then i thought what can i do today or well this evening, and i had some plastidip laying around haha.

Time to do some work in my bedroom again, break the old windowsill away.

Also placed a TV lift in the middle , on the left a heater/cooler has been fitted and hidden :)

The contracter i hired to place the floor tiles on the 1st floor damaged the walls, then i thought well.
Plaster is nice but it will be damaging again when i walk on the stairs with stuff in my hands or whatever , i need a more rigid solution.
So i thought why not use wooden floor parts, put some oil on it to give it color.
i must say i didnt expect the results but i like it :)

Time to finish the closeth which must hide the electronics in the hallway,
both sides are doors so when i need acces i have enough, wheel on the bottom to support it.

hidden hinches , took some time to install but the effect is nice.

Then it was about time again to have some fun, and my boat which is about 19 years old needed a paint job or at least some love.

And a sort of hidden door with a mirror, this is the door accesing the garage.

Got some free racks for my magazine, friend of mine called me and said they wanted to throw them away :roll:

Painted the guest room as well

quite happy with the end result, its like it is brand new ;) And since i was busy , i thought why not repaint one of my jetskis haha.

its a "long" process, first spray a few layers of silver base coat with special metallic stuff , then aplly candy red, which is a sort of transparant red, the more you spray the darker it gets but the base layer will be visible and the metallic effect pops out.

Bought a used closeth which i needed to shorten a but otherwise it would not fit , but its faster then building one myselfe :roll:

To blow of some steam with a friend of mine.

Made a sort of hanging box for my lights on the diner table in the living/kitchen.

Also bought a camera doorbell, its from dahua , and i do not recommend this model.... was not happy with it since the push notices on my phone where 9 of 10 times not there, and if i got one , the connection was slow to build up and the sound was bad....
Changed this later for a hikvision model with fingerprint and tag reader , this one is perfect !

Time to do some work in my office, placed wood agains the plaster brick wall so i could hang whatever i want and wherever i wanted.

Also bought some curtain like things, not sure how they are called in english, but a servo motor will do fine moving them up and down :)

Again further with the office, bought some kitchen blades, nice strong layer on top and i liked the look of the wood print.

a small laser engraving job in between which i liked the outcome off.

First thing since i got a girlfriend again , she helped me to renovate the stairs :)

Then i when on a trip with the same friend as on the jetski pic, we picked up a van filled with jetski parts/and ski;s :)

and bought a sit down jetski for my girlfriend so when we are doing backflips she can play as well :)

Putting some wallpaper in my office on the walls.

Time to do the hallway on the 1st floor as well, i have put some art velutto on it, its basically metallic paint with a sort of effect which you make yourself, they charge 90€ a m2 so i decided to do this myself haha. cant be that hard can it ?
and repainted everything , doors, ceiling etc.

Made some hols in the wall, thought it would be nice to put some floor lights in them.

The nice thing is, when it damages, i can put a drop of the thick metallic paint it it again and you wat notice it ;)

Also time to make the baseboards, i had some mdf laying around already cut , i was planning to use it for something else but this would do fine .

sprayed them in filler so it would be easier to sand them and paint.

Then another thing came around, remember the opel vivaro van i bought 2 years ago, well it was brand new, but after 40.000km i needed to replace the transmission, clutch didnt work , central door locking system,, oil leaks and more ... so i needed to get rid of that piece of #$W$^ , bought a new van but that ment again , rebuild everything with my tools...
so there we go again.

finally done after 3 days but the results there .

Used to have under the stairs a lost space, so i made a door in it to make it a closeth.

and placed the baseboards.

needed a new sign for people so they knew where to go when they come over ;) and for the mailman ofcourse haha.

Then after hmm i think 2 years sitting on a pile of insulation it was finally time to redo my roof, replace the felt or bitume layer and put some extra insulation on it.
The before picture.

this used to be a sort of window in the roof, summertime, way to hot, wintertime way to cold...
so i took it out.

also needed to make the sides higher since i placed 130mm extra pir insulation on the excisting 10cm PS. then i thought well maybe this is a nice way to put some wires in for flood lights and suchs :)
i do love wires haha.

This time i have done everything myself included the burning the felt /bitumen layer , started on a sunday , next week saturday evening i finished with everything and i was broken
This is something i would never do again, being on the roof from 7.00 till 22.00 working straight on in the burning sun. that said i was very lucky that the weather was this good itherwise ot would have been a problem raining in...

i jumped that night in the car with my girlfriend and dove to France to my parents place, where my holiday started :)
looked a bit like this haha, didnt want to be to much in the sun since i had more then a week of sun for 12 or more hours a day.

yes, bought a android headunit. but since for this new ford transit 2019 model there are no radio's i needed to modify a brand new unit haha, it was a bit "scary"and i got lucky that they used suchs a connector but it works perfect :)

Also needed to repair my ham radio antenna, a guide wire broke and the antenna was about to collapse.

doesnt look very pretty here.

uch better now

And on the way home, we went to England to pick up a new toy :)

and then the next day my order was there,
remember the solar plan i had before? haha
well i thought it would be about time to do it.

Finally took my cnc machine out of the box as well :)
didnt even recall how it looked like since it was standing for about 2 or 3 years still in the original package haha.

Threw away 3 trailers full with stuff that was stacking up in my garage

the truck driver said at first, everything in the truck is yours..... i said everything ? 7 pallets.... haha but luckily it was not the case.

started to build the frames in the evening.

friend of mine came to help and get the panels on the roof.

Bought a lift from marktplats, could be handy :)

started to build in my office again.

Got some of that art velutto but this time gold metallic plaster for the wall in the living/kitchen.
before and after pics, but pictures dont do justice to the real thing in day time.

Office needed some monitors , which i had from my old house :)

time to make a cealing, lowered one so i could run cables and led down lights in them.

Thats it for now, i have some drone footage of the solar panels which i will post later on . need to got to bed now
tomorrow 4.45 the alarm wakes me up, atleast i hope it does haha.
Akatar

Post by Akatar »

Lot of work done!
nice update
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

Thanks,

took me a while also haha its about 2 years back so :)
Cybersijp
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Cybersijp »

nice update, as always good to see the progress. Keep em coming (in less than 2 years time haha ) cheers !

Return to “Energycontrol & Home Automation Forum”