Toon firmware resource file (as from 4.16.8)

Forum about the Toon firmware, and its extensions

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

mAiden

Re: Toon firmware resource file (as from 4.16.8)

Post by mAiden »

TheHogNL wrote:
mAiden wrote:Eneco release today 4.19.10. Dont update it, if you like the custom apps. :-)
I think a 4.19.10 release of the resource file is expected in a few days. However, I also advice not to upgrade if you don't have the 'flatline' graph issue.
My rooted Toon runs on 4.18.8 TheHogNL. I will be wat for the resource file, take it easy. :mrgreen:
Member of the Toon Software Collective
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

the resource file for 4.19.10 is available from the first post

Kind regardz,

Toonz
member of the Toon Software Collective
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

TheHogNL did a fantastic job in automating the patching of resource files.
Patched resource files will be available very quickly after release of new firmwares.

The same process has been applied for Boxx users, the patched 'ebl' resource files for Boxx users have all been created as well for all firmwares from 4.16.8.
The first post has been updated to reflect these changes.

Kind regards,

Toonz
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Correct. I managed to make a script which does all the hard work. This was done by hand in the few first resource files:
- unpack the QT-gui package file
- decompiling the native resources files and retrieve only the valuable code (man, this was hard by hand...)
- patching in the basic mods (to allow custom apps to load, waste collect app to show up in thermostat panel, disable of the service center error when VPN is not connected and 0.1 degrees instead of 0.5 degrees temperature values)
- recreate a new resource file

Each new firmware should now have new custom resources files very soon. Maybe some minor tweaks as the code of the resource files is ofcourse updated by Quby.

If you like to see some other mods to be added, just let me know in this topic. We can discuss this.
Templar

Post by Templar »

TheHogNL wrote:Correct. I managed to make a script which does all the hard work. This was done by hand in the few first resource files:
- unpack the QT-gui package file
- decompiling the native resources files and retrieve only the valuable code (man, this was hard by hand...)
- patching in the basic mods (to allow custom apps to load, waste collect app to show up in thermostat panel, disable of the service center error when VPN is not connected and 0.1 degrees instead of 0.5 degrees temperature values)
- recreate a new resource file
Awesome! I used your update script to update Toon to firmware 4.19.10, to my surprise it also updated the resourcefile.

Thumbs up. :)
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Templar wrote:
Awesome! I used your update script to update Toon to firmware 4.19.10, to my surprise it also updated the resourcefile.

Thanks! Yes, the script searches for the files in the forum location and will download it. But again, updating is, in most cases not necessary. 4.19.10 fixes some measuring flatliners but that only happens to a few people. 4.13.6 had a Phipips HUE fix. But the most software updates don't really bring new stuff or fix real bad issue's.

There is a lot of new stuff going on in the toon firmware. That is the reason for the often new firmware release. But it is all hidden from the normal Eneco users. It is mostly build for other (foreign) company's who also sell the Toon (belgium, england, spain, germany).

Things I have seen in the software but not official Eneco enabled Toons:
- smart radiator valve support multizone support (disables boiler support though)
- water meter support
- alarm panel and connection with alarm device from somfy (interpolis toon)
- zwave boiler adapter
- zwave zonoptoon module
- probably forgetting a few right now

If there are people here with a somfy one camera or smart radiator valves, I could show you how to connect them. I haven't tried it myself yet because I don't have that hardware
makkie2002

Post by makkie2002 »

TheHogNL wrote:
Templar wrote:

Thanks! Yes, the script searches for the files in the forum location and will download it. But again, updating is, in most cases not necessary. 4.19.10 fixes some measuring flatliners but that only happens to a few people. 4.13.6 had a Phipips HUE fix. But the most software updates don't really bring new stuff or fix real bad issue's.

There is a lot of new stuff going on in the toon firmware. That is the reason for the often new firmware release. But it is all hidden from the normal Eneco users. It is mostly build for other (foreign) company's who also sell the Toon (belgium, england, spain, germany).

Things I have seen in the software but not official Eneco enabled Toons:
- smart radiator valve support multizone support (disables boiler support though)
- water meter support
- alarm panel and connection with alarm device from somfy (interpolis toon)
- zwave boiler adapter
- zwave zonoptoon module
- probably forgetting a few right now

If there are people here with a somfy one camera or smart radiator valves, I could show you how to connect them. I haven't tried it myself yet because I don't have that hardware
I am very much interested in the water-meter support. I already have a reed-contact installed in my water meter. Maybe add some additional metermodule to also measure these pulses? Who do I enable water-meter module ... just to try?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

I believe it is only available for Boxx users in Belgium.
Not 100% sure whether the functionality is completely developed and available. If you currently have Eneco firmware you need to switch to Boxx to test it.
@TheHogNL: do you know whether quby has finished the water meter support functionality?
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

It is not available yet for the belgium Boxx but the code suggests that it will only be available (when completed) for the boxx.
However.. you can enable it also on each rooted toon.

Go in /qmf/etc/qmf_release.xml and add "<FT_WaterInsights_rel>1</FT_WaterInsights_rel>" to the <releaseToggles> section and reboot.

However it seems that you need a special meter adapter for it which supports the water meter. The normal toon meteradapters we use in NL will not work (it stays greyed out when selecting the meter adapter options).
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Looking further, this is the only zwave water meter I can find.. are they using this one?

http://manuals-backend.z-wave.info/make ... 8-13080017
Edwin66

Post by Edwin66 »

Finally I received my Toon back from Quby today. it was rooted by them. Was there for 6 working days. Once back I installed Toonstore on it, and of course the files for 4.19.10. So I'm happy now :)
Toon® (rooted) | Hue bulbs | TRÅDFRI bulbs | Smart Plug | Domoticz latest BETA |

I'm not a programmer, just wish things work MY way
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Edwin66 wrote:Finally I received my Toon back from Quby today. it was rooted by them. Was there for 6 working days. Once back I installed Toonstore on it, and of course the files for 4.19.10. So I'm happy now :)
Welcome :)
How did you obtain 4.19.10? As I understand your VPN keys should be removed by Quby so you can't download anything over the VPN anymore. My update-script won't work as it uses that VPN.
mAiden

Post by mAiden »

I use this one to read the water meter.
https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17123

Dont know yet how to get it on a title on Toon. Will be nice, if that can.
Edwin66

Post by Edwin66 »

TheHogNL wrote:
Edwin66 wrote:Finally I received my Toon back from Quby today. it was rooted by them. Was there for 6 working days. Once back I installed Toonstore on it, and of course the files for 4.19.10. So I'm happy now :)
Welcome :)
How did you obtain 4.19.10? As I understand your VPN keys should be removed by Quby so you can't download anything over the VPN anymore. My update-script won't work as it uses that VPN.
I don't know. It was there when i got it back. On the Toonstore it also shows this firmware version
Toon® (rooted) | Hue bulbs | TRÅDFRI bulbs | Smart Plug | Domoticz latest BETA |

I'm not a programmer, just wish things work MY way
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

mAiden wrote:I use this one to read the water meter.
https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17123

Dont know yet how to get it on a title on Toon. Will be nice, if that can.
No. Or not until someone makes an app for that. However their is now native support in the Toon (quby app) for that but that needs a water meter zwave module as said before. You have close contact within Eneco mAiden as far as I understand. Do you have more information about that water meter support?

Return to “Toon Firmware”