Toon app: Webcam

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

makkie2002

Toon app: Webcam

Post by makkie2002 »

Hi,

Please have a look at the "Webcam" application that I developed a long time ago. I now found the time to put it in a format so that it can be implemented in a package so that hopefully it will appear in the toonstore somewhere in the future :D .
The webcam functionality actually loads a jpg image from a webpage every two seconds ... so it is not capable of showning live streams, but it is a start!

Have fun and let me know what you think.

-- MOD EDIT --
Removed file, it's available via ToonStore.
-- MOD EDIT --
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Toon app: Webcam

Post by TerrorSource »

Nice idea!

Will test the app soon. Although i need to find the jpeg stream for my ip-cam :)
makkie2002

Post by makkie2002 »

TerrorSource wrote:Nice idea!

Will test the app soon. Although i need to find the jpeg stream for my ip-cam :)
Cooooool ... the app comes with a pre-programmed test stream from a village in Switzerland !
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Seems fine to include in ToonStore, will package it on Thursday (watching Ajax tonight and out tomorrow :-) )
member of the Toon Software Collective
angeloloi
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by angeloloi »

I have it working to, now i see my front yard ;)
For the people who has a Foscam this was my solution.

http://ipadress:port/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=USERNAME&pwd=PASSWORD
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Got the app on my Toon and a few things come to mind.

1. no icon when i select it from the tiles menu
2. icon in dim state is bit large
3. no "save" button for the url
4. no manual refresh button for the stream

Looks like my IPcam does not have a unauthenicated jpeg stream so i guess i won't be able to use it.
makkie2002

Post by makkie2002 »

TerrorSource wrote:Got the app on my Toon and a few things come to mind.

1. no icon when i select it from the tiles menu
2. icon in dim state is bit large
3. no "save" button for the url
4. no manual refresh button for the stream

Looks like my IPcam does not have a unauthenicated jpeg stream so i guess i won't be able to use it.
Thanks for the feedback !

1. the small icon in the tiles menu I can put back (I removed that image from the "drawables dir" because I didn't know anymore why it was there and I wanted to spare space ... please remark that the app was made more than a year ago :roll: ).
2. do not know how to change the icon in the dim state ... i will have to search the other apps to serve as example ... or someone can just tell me :D .
3. indeed ... thinking of it, it would be nice to have a save & cancel button ... but it is functional without the save button ... will look into that in my next iteration.
4. don't think there is a need to do a manual refresh as the image is reloaded every two seconds.

I upload now a new version with the only change that I have included the small icon.

-- MOD EDIT --
-- MOD EDIT --
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

makkie2002 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback !

1. the small icon in the tiles menu I can put back (I removed that image from the "drawables dir" because I didn't know anymore why it was there and I wanted to spare space ... please remark that the app was made more than a year ago :roll: ).
2. do not know how to change the icon in the dim state ... i will have to search the other apps to serve as example ... or someone can just tell me :D .
3. indeed ... thinking of it, it would be nice to have a save & cancel button ... but it is functional without the save button ... will look into that in my next iteration.
4. don't think there is a need to do a manual refresh as the image is reloaded every two seconds.

I upload now a new version with the only change that I have included the small icon.
Toonz is an expert with Dim-state things.
Refresh/save/cancel would be easy to test te stream before applying it so you know it works.

Still a great idea though!
makkie2002

Post by makkie2002 »

Solved the dimstate issue ... already a new version available that fixes this ...

-- MOD EDIT --
-- MOD EDIT --
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi makkie2002,

The webcam app is now available from the ToonStore. More versions to come I guess.....
Just some ideas: a config file with a list of webcam url's to select from, tiles with images from different webcams at the same time,...… :D

Kind regardz,

Toonz
makkie2002

Post by makkie2002 »

Toonz wrote:Hi makkie2002,

The webcam app is now available from the ToonStore. More versions to come I guess.....
Just some ideas: a config file with a list of webcam url's to select from, tiles with images from different webcams at the same time,...… :D

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Nice ...

Indeed the things you propose are nice improvements ... we will see how it evolves !

Thanks
makkie2002

Post by makkie2002 »

By the way ... my program-deploy-test cycles are very much delayed by the fact the I have to restart the qt-gui when I want to test a change in my program ... is there a way to load the program without having to restart ?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

makkie2002 wrote:.. is there a way to load the program without having to restart ?
No! That is how qt works.

What you can do is remove all other custom apps to speedup boot time...
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Or run the toon software on faster hardware using qemu on your computer for example. However I'm not a qemu hero. I have tried to get the toon to boot up in qemu but never managed to get it working due to lack of experience I guess.

Would be nice if a new hero rises and is possible to start the toon in qemu. We only need it to run the QT, doesn't care if it complains about no working sensors etc.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
Hemshak
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Hemshak »

Nice idea. It would be great if this one worked well for the users. I will try for this one. :)

Return to “Toon Apps”