Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

harmen070
Starting Member
Starting Member

Toon app: Sonos Control

Post by harmen070 »

Hi All,

After rooting my Toon i wanted to use my Toon as controller for my Sonos Devices, and start developing this application. There is just one requirement to use this application, you have to use the SONOS HTTP API: for more information follow this link: https://github.com/jishi/node-sonos-http-api. This HTTP API is controlling your Sonos device by HTTP commands.

The application have several functions/options,
you will have a menu item which will forward you to the menuscreen. This menuscreen is used for connecting to your SONOS HTTP API, so please fill in your Hostname and Portnumber, it will automaticly check your available zones. You can also enable your Systray icon.

When you filled in the correct information and you have 1 or more active zones in the application you can access the MediaScreen and Tiles. When you have multiple zones you can choose which zone you want to control on the Media Screen (you will have a drop down menu). After selecting a zone this will also be the active zone for the tiles.

If you have any issues or feature requests please let me know :D

Ps. This application could be found in the Toon Store soon.
Attachments
Menu Screen
Menu Screen
Menu Screen.png (41.16 KiB) Viewed 20581 times
Both tiles
Both tiles
Sonos Tiles (1).png (51.98 KiB) Viewed 20655 times
Favorites Screen
Favorites Screen
Sonos Favorites.PNG (28.86 KiB) Viewed 20655 times
Media Screen
Media Screen
Sonos Screen (1).png (104.68 KiB) Viewed 20655 times
Menu Item
Menu Item
Menu item.PNG (30.45 KiB) Viewed 20655 times
harmen070
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Toon app: Sonos Control

Post by harmen070 »

Update: Sonos Control v1.0.0 could be found in ToonStore.
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Nice work!

Can you add the "Title" from the API so it's shows the Artists/Songname from the radio station in the Tiles?
harmen070
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by harmen070 »

The new version will be soon in the Toonstore. Changes made:
- the textlabels in the menuscreen had an issue when you are working on firmware 3.x. So it should be compatible with firmware 3.x
- when radio is playing it will also show the title which is playing on the radio.
harmen070
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by harmen070 »

Just updated the app to 1.0.2 which would be packaged for the ToonStore, two fixes in this update:
- When you are playing your playlist your thumbs will be displayed in your playlist queue
- The title which was updated in 1.0.1 was not aligned correctly on the mediascreen, this is now fixed and would be aligned correctly.
lsiepel
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by lsiepel »

This app looks very promising. Thanks for all your efforts. Right now i'm facing this problem. I have setup my sonos to recieve a fixed ip by dhcp.
When i connect to http://192.168.1.11:1400/status i get basic status info. So far so good.
The app however keeps sending me to the 'menuScherm' due to wrong ip/port or not working http api. When i try to reach http://192.168.1.11:5005/ with putty/telnet i get a connection refused.
Any thoughts?

Edit: Ah, i figured it out :- ) I thought this node http api was part of the app, but instead the app wants to connect to this remote http api installed on a Raspberry pi or similar device. Too bad the http api isn't/cant be part of the app.
legalr
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by legalr »

Tried this app to controll the my sonos.
Installed the Sonos Http API on my Synolgy nas (docker container)

controlling the Sonos is possible, and favorite list is availiable.
but not all vissual functions are working on FW 4.19, is there going to be an update?
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Highly unlikely, I'm afraid.
The guy who made it hasn't been spotted on this forum since october 2017.
legalr
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by legalr »

i found out that toonstore has installed V1.0.1, the issues i see are fixed in 1.0.2.
now looking for the 1.0.2 source.
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

legalr wrote:i found out that toonstore has installed V1.0.1, the issues i see are fixed in 1.0.2.
How do you know that the issues are fixed in 1.0.2 while there is no 1.0.2 of this app available?
legalr
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by legalr »

TerrorSource wrote:
legalr wrote:i found out that toonstore has installed V1.0.1, the issues i see are fixed in 1.0.2.
How do you know that the issues are fixed in 1.0.2 while there is no 1.0.2 of this app available?
assumtions from a few post above.

Just updated the app to 1.0.2 which would be packaged for the ToonStore, two fixes in this update:
- When you are playing your playlist your thumbs will be displayed in your playlist queue
- The title which was updated in 1.0.1 was not aligned correctly on the mediascreen, this is now fixed and would be aligned correctly.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Happy to put it on ToonStore but I never received the 1.0.2 source files....
member of the Toon Software Collective
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

legalr wrote:
TerrorSource wrote:
assumtions from a few post above.

Yes i saw that. but the problem is that the author never made 1.0.2 public or available for testing. so there's no 1.0.2 to download/find somewhere.
Author of the app hasn't been online in a while, guess he lost his interest :roll:

EDIT: i have received v1.0.2 from the author (i know him personally).
Will give it to Toonz asap.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

Harmen's Sonos 1.0.2 app is now available in the ToonStore.
Changelog v1.0.2:
- sonos IP wordt nu opgehaald voor het weergeven van queue thumbs in de playlist (op het mediascreen)
- item Time (op het mediascreen) wordt nu netjes uitgelijnt bij radio (onder titel) bij de gewone playlist onder de item naam zelf.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
member of the Toon Software Collective
dennis071nl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by dennis071nl »

Hi guys,

Any plans to update the Sonos player for the TOON 2???

Dennis

Return to “Toon Apps”