Toon app: Kalender

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon app: Kalender

Post by Toonz »

Blacky's Boss wrote:Allright! I'm really sorry for constantly pointing out problems, but it's literally in my jobdescription :lol:
In mine to solve them.....haha
member of the Toon Software Collective
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

hi all,

1.0.9 is available in ToonStore as a bug fix for 1.0.8. I also added screenshots in ToonStore with the new screens.
Changelog:
- removed the error message regarding reading the logfile which showed way too often.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
marcog
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by marcog »

Is it an option when Toon is in a dim state to show the date of the upcoming event in a format like "Today at 08:00" or "Wed 12 December 2018 08:00" instead of "12 December 2018 08:00". I'm not that good in remembering the current date so this would be a nice add-on.
Blacky's Boss
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Blacky's Boss »

Gaat monster! Thnx for the hard work 8)
atlantica
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by atlantica »

Wow TOONZ thanks for this update. It's perfect!
Regards

David
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

marcog wrote:Is it an option when Toon is in a dim state to show the date of the upcoming event in a format like "Today at 08:00" or "Wed 12 December 2018 08:00" instead of "12 December 2018 08:00". I'm not that good in remembering the current date so this would be a nice add-on.
Sure, I do already something similar in the 'Afvalwijzer' app using 'vandaag', 'morgen' and 'overmorgen'.
Just need to build in an extra timer which fires at midnight to update the labels.
Good idea, thanks for the feedback
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

marcog wrote:Is it an option when Toon is in a dim state to show the date of the upcoming event in a format like "Today at 08:00" or "Wed 12 December 2018 08:00" instead of "12 December 2018 08:00". I'm not that good in remembering the current date so this would be a nice add-on.
Hi all,

version 1.0.10 is available in ToonStore.
Changelog:
- date of the first appointment on the tile in dim state now shows as 'vandaag', 'morgen' and 'overmorgen' for the coming three days.
- Later dates are including the short day name, now formatted as "Ma 18 december" on the tile in dim state.
- Appointment title is now the top row, date and time the bottom two rows in dim state

I guess this will be the last update for now (unless bugs are found), focus will be on getting ToonStore and apps running on firmware 5.0.x

Kind regards,

Toonz
michel30

Post by michel30 »

Hello,

Thanks for version 1.0.10 it works super.
Templar

Post by Templar »

Hi Toonz,

I am trying to read the "Worldwide Space Launches" Google ics calendar, but it seems to give problems. It says "Ophalen kalender", is it a bug or is the calendar file to big?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Templar wrote:Hi Toonz,

I am trying to read the "Worldwide Space Launches" Google ics calendar, but it seems to give problems. It says "Ophalen kalender", is it a bug or is the calendar file to big?
Probably something 'unexpected' from my end. The iCalendar spec is quite extensive and so far I haven't implemented all possibilities.
I will have a look on this one (tomorrow latest)
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Toonz wrote:
Templar wrote:Hi Toonz,

Probably something 'unexpected' from my end. The iCalendar spec is quite extensive and so far I haven't implemented all possibilities.
It starts with the first item, which doesn't have an end date.
That is fixed with one line of code change, but I noticed I need some more to properly handle the calendar.
Will be in 1.0.11
Templar

Post by Templar »

Toonz wrote:
Toonz wrote: Probably something 'unexpected' from my end. The iCalendar spec is quite extensive and so far I haven't implemented all possibilities.
It starts with the first item, which doesn't have an end date.
That is fixed with one line of code change, but I noticed I need some more to properly handle the calendar.
Will be in 1.0.11
I dug into the Internet Calendaring and Scheduling Core Object Specification and noticed that 'Anniversaries' and 'daily reminders' like birthdays doesn't need a DTEND property, is that the problem?
Last edited by Templar on Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Yes, it is just that I wrongly assumed there is always an end-date because if you create an all-day Google calendar entry it does create an end-date for you.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

the space launches calendar is now reading fine as well (still with one line of code added) to ignore missing end dates (will be in 1.0.11).
However, this ICS file is huge (750Kb), on a Toon 2 it takes about 10 seconds to process.
I will test it tomorrow on a Toon 1 as well.

kind regardz,

Toonz
Templar

Post by Templar »

Will it be possible to locally read an .ICS file from Toon (file://........)in the near future?

Return to “Toon Apps”