Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

newwolf
Starting Member
Starting Member

imageViewer

Post by newwolf »

Hey,

In older versions there was a app imageViewer.
But it's not there anymore, but saw it in the unpacked resourcefile in a different topic.

The reason I ask is because I would like to have Toon showing me a picture for ±5 sec when i put it in a folder.
My domiticz is already taking a screenshot from my camare when my doorbell is ringed so why not displaying it on Toon.

So is it possible to re-enable it and remote execute (and kill) this app?

Or if there is a much better solution off-course :) (the webcam app is not what i'm looking for, to slow)

Thanks,
Jos
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Re: imageViewer

Post by TerrorSource »

The imageViewer was a not-finished app. Took to much resources from the Toon showing images. The webcam app is the best there is for now unless anyone wants to try rebuilding the imageViewer or improve the webcam app :)
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

you cannot 'kill' a single app during runtime, only the complete gui including all apps.

The imageviewer was transforming your Toon into a picture slideshow viewer (and did that well)
Most likely never officially released because it would impact the temperature sensors on Toon if the screen is on all the time.
However, you can use the same 'picture upload' mechanism and write your own app on Toon which looks for new pictures every x seconds.
member of the Toon Software Collective
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Toonz wrote:you cannot 'kill' a single app during runtime, only the complete gui including all apps.

The imageviewer was transforming your Toon into a picture slideshow viewer (and did that well)
Most likely never officially released because it would impact the temperature sensors on Toon if the screen is on all the time.
However, you can use the same 'picture upload' mechanism and write your own app on Toon which looks for new pictures every x seconds.
I thought that there was not a real good way to upload pictures? As USB-stick is disabled, if there was a web-page for it i forgot about it :o
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

TerrorSource wrote:I thought that there was not a real good way to upload pictures? As USB-stick is disabled, if there was a web-page for it i forgot about it :o
Yes, quby is stating on the screen that you can upload picture via scp to /qmf/var/qt-gui/apps/imageViewer
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Toonz wrote:
TerrorSource wrote:I thought that there was not a real good way to upload pictures? As USB-stick is disabled, if there was a web-page for it i forgot about it :o
Yes, quby is stating on the screen that you can upload picture via scp to /qmf/var/qt-gui/apps/imageViewer
SCP is disabled when the Toon is not rooted, as is the ImageViewer app btw.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

TerrorSource wrote:SCP is disabled when the Toon is not rooted, as is the ImageViewer app btw.
I know, it is never released.....But the app does work as intended if you activate it (you can copy the app from the resourcefile into /qmf/qml/apps/imageviewer)

Return to “Toon Apps”