Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Luc_S
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Toon app: Home Assistant controller

Post by Luc_S »

kurniawan77 wrote:Hi,

I can't seem to connect to HA with ssl. Updated to the latest HA and have set "intermediate" too.
Only thing i get is: Settings not saved, got response "".
I tried it both ways with internal ip and port 8123 and with my ha.myurl.nl with port 443 but no go. I am able to get response from rest api...
Any help from here? I am willing to assist

Regards
Have you added the needed root certificate to your Toon library? domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=99& ... =15#p86715
kurniawan77
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by kurniawan77 »

I was actually wondering were to get that crt file from. Is there anyone who could point me where to find it?
Stephan296
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Stephan296 »

Is it just an error in my system or is the interaction with the Toon device very slow?
When i click on a for example a light switch after 4 seconds the lights go off and the change of state at my Toon device is changing after another or 4 a 5 seconds.
Luc_S
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Luc_S »

kurniawan77 wrote:I was actually wondering were to get that crt file from. Is there anyone who could point me where to find it?
Most of the time you can see the certificate-tree when clicking the padlock in your address bar of the browser. Retrieving the file depends on which system/browser you use. On macOS you may find the certificate in your keychain. I think it's best to google this, there should be some how-to's available.

Stephan296 wrote:Is it just an error in my system or is the interaction with the Toon device very slow?
When i click on a for example a light switch after 4 seconds the lights go off and the change of state at my Toon device is changing after another or 4 a 5 seconds.
I have some delay too, but only about 1-2 seconds. 4-5 Seconds is rather slow indeed. If it does work I don't think it would be an error somewhere. Maybe try some network tweaking, like check your wifi strength, port forwards and see if your DNS servers are fast enough.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

hi all,

version 1.0.3 is available on ToonStore.
Changelog:
- firmware 5 compatibility of the installer, no new functionality

Kind regardz,

Toonz
member of the Toon Software Collective
Hmmbob
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Hmmbob »

I can't seem to get this app working on my Toon v1. Or actually, to show up after installing... I've added it via the Toon store, the device rebooted but I can't select any new tile nor is anything visible in de statusbar.

Anyone having a clue what's going on here?

My Toon is at 5.0.4, the ha app should be the most recent one, 1.0.3.

Edit; I've been able to fix it by uninstalling, then removing any remaining folders, and reinstalling. However, the response time of the app is way beyond the Wife Acceptance Factor, so I ended up enabling Emulated Hue in Home Assistant and using that on Toon. That works fine.
Luc_S
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Luc_S »

I have updated some code to improve command feedback and overall responsitivity. It feels a bit quicker now. I'm not sure about where it stands in regards to the WAF but let me know :wink:

Instead of waiting for the app to update once the new state has been successfully retrieved after sending a command it now shows the new state right away. If for some reason Home Assistant couldn't execute the command, the Toon GUI will be updated again upon receiving the state after a retrieval (this is the part that took 1 or 2 seconds in previous versions).

I've updated GitHub for people that want to check it out. Let me know if it works or if you find some error(s) that need fixing :D

If it looks good maybe a new version can be put on the ToonStore 8)
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

I can put it inToonStore for you, but I cannot test it as I am not using Home Assistant myself.
Will do next week.
Luc_S
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Luc_S »

Toonz wrote:I can put it inToonStore for you, but I cannot test it as I am not using Home Assistant myself.
Will do next week.
I haven't received any feedback yet on these changes but if that's not required for releasing a new version on the ToonStore it would be great :D Thank you!
rbak
Starting Member
Starting Member

Toon app: Home Assistant controller

Post by rbak »

I recently installed home assistant and downloaded this app from the toon store. Unfortunately I am unable to login to my Home Assistant as I do not know which default user it tries to login with. In the setup page it only asks for the password.
Hussar_303
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Hussar_303 »

I've ran into the same issue as rbak... I've been running it on a Raspberry Pi so far, but I'm lost with the Android app.
Luc_S
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Luc_S »

rbak wrote:I recently installed home assistant and downloaded this app from the toon store. Unfortunately I am unable to login to my Home Assistant as I do not know which default user it tries to login with. In the setup page it only asks for the password.
The version available on the Toon store does not yet include the new authorization system used by newer Home Assistant versions. On newer versions of Home Assistant we must now gain access by a Long Lived Access Token. On Github I have been working on a new version that you can try out. I still need to update the manual a bit as you need to manually add the token to the token.txt on your Toon.

https://github.com/Luc-S/Toon-HASS

I also added new debug messages which you can enable by setting the 'debug' parameter to 1 in file 'HomeassistantApp.qml' (line 10). This provides you more info about what's going on in the Toon app.

Hussar_303 wrote:I've ran into the same issue as rbak... I've been running it on a Raspberry Pi so far, but I'm lost with the Android app.
I'm not sure what you mean by this, you are running Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi, that's ok, me too :) And what Android app, the app I can try to help you with is the Toon app only :)
Hussar_303
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Hussar_303 »

Luc_S wrote:
Hussar_303 wrote:I've ran into the same issue as rbak... I've been running it on a Raspberry Pi so far, but I'm lost with the Android app.
I'm not sure what you mean by this, you are running Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi, that's ok, me too :) And what Android app, the app I can try to help you with is the Toon app only :)

Oh, sorry, I was saying that I was struggling to work with the dedicated Android app that's discussed here while I'm much more at ease with the Raspberry Pi.
Luc_S
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Luc_S »

Over the last few months I have been improving this app by adding the new Home Assistant user authentication system (long-lived access token), increased overall speed (feedback doesn't take seconds anymore) and I've been fixing some issues that people were having (and other small things).

For some reason I haven't been able to figure out how to implement relative paths for all PUT functions. For now I just leave it on absolute paths (unless one of you can point out how it's done :D). Also Toon2 screen scaling is not there yet. I know the formula for all objects but without being able to check the code I can't really be sure if something works out.

@Toonz, it would be awesome if you (or someone else of course) could update the ToonStore version with the one now on Github :) If there's anything I can do to help out for this let me know.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Luc_S wrote:@Toonz, it would be awesome if you (or someone else of course) could update the ToonStore version with the one now on Github :) If there's anything I can do to help out for this let me know.
no problem, will be in late August after my holiday

Return to “Toon Apps”